CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SHOCK WAVES

I groaned, rolling on the floor. This was too much for me. I could feel it. I could feel the intense pain in my chest. The feeling of it coursing through my blood and up to my brain. Why did I come back? Why did I run?

I stood up. Where was I even? The room I was in was pure white with little doodles across the walls with a small crib, a changing station and more baby stuff all over the room including a plain brown rocking chair.

" Scarlett? There you are " Adam peeked in as I stared at him. He smiled as he slipped a hand around my waist and kissed my forehead slightly. I was so confused. What in the world was going on? He looked towards the crib and it was then I realized a baby boy was sleeping soundly with drool dripping off his chin and his blanket was kicked off, " I'm gonna be working a little late so we're gonna have to have our date tomorrow, ok? " He kissed my forehead again and walked out.

" Wait, what? What date? " I called after as I took another look at the baby and followed him into the hallway. I paused. The walls were pretty plain except only a few pictures hung up crookedly. There was one with me and Adam that caught my attention. Our lips were locked as we stood on a boat. I was in a long wedding dress as he was in a regular tuxedo? My breathe was caught in my throat. What was this? The other one was a girl in a little black dress as she held a 8th grade diploma in her hand. Me and Adam were hugging her tightly. Oh God. Did I time travel and change the time line?!

" Mom! I'm going to school! " A voice called. The room down the hall opened as the same girl walked out in jeans and a regular white shirt with the words ' girl squad ' written across it. She smiled at me as she swung a backpack around her shoulder and put a phone in her pocket. She hugged me and ran down the stairs past grown - up Adam. I was totally freaking out now. I ran down the stairs, jumping over some before I bumped into Adam.

" Chill out. I'll be home tonight " he chuckled. I looked up at him as he smiled and walked out along with the girl. A young boy ran past me.

" Bye dad! " He yelled.

" Bye, Jayden! "

" Mom, where's the butler? Can you ask him if he can make more brownies? " The boy grabbed on to my leg, looking up at me brightly. Ok, to be honest that is the cutest little boy I've ever seen, and also we have a butler? Am I suddenly rich now? What the heck? I nodded and he ran off. What was happening? I shouldn't be talking to my butler, I should be figuring out what's going on! I ran upstairs and walked into a random room which must've been Jayden's since there were football pictures all over and he had a small red and blue bed. I walked out and went inside the next room to see a plain white and black room. It was the butler's room.

" Butler... Person? " I walked in to see a man come out, a toothbrush in his mouth. He mumbled something and went inside his bathroom where I heard him spit it out and the water running for a few seconds before he came out and fixed the little bow in his neck. Jason looked at me and put on a crooked smile.

" Yes? "

" Jason?! What is - what?! " I tackled him and pulled him in the bathroom which smelt like over done cologne. His eyes widened.

" You're not supposed to call me that! " He whispered, " we'll both get int trouble! "

" What are you talking about? First, I'm a teenager who just saw you light a room on fire and next thing I wake up to find out Adam of all people is my supposed husband with 3 children and you as my butler! " We stared at each other before I added one more thing, "  Plus I'm rich! "

" You're confusing me "

" You're confusing me! " I screamed back. He sighed and opened the door as we heard the baby crying, " don't! Maybe it's a shadow demon! " I hissed. Jason frowned at me and walked in where he picked the baby up and it stopped, sniffling.

" It's okay, Angel. It's okay " he rocked him a bit before he walked downstairs and I followed him.

" Hello? We were just talking " we went to the kitchen where he put Angel in a play chair and turned to me.

" You don't remember anything? So what? You travelled in time? " He spat. I knew he didn't believe me.

" I don't know! The last thing I remember was the day my father made me attack you and you set a room on fire. What happened to Anaya? "

" No. She's. She's somewhere else "

" She died?! " My heart was palpitating out my chest.

" God, Scarlett! What?! No, she's married in New York now! "

" So tell me what's wrong?! "

" Look " he put his hands on my shoulders, my eyes looking straight into his, " everything is fine. You travelled in time. I don't know? What year were you in? "

" 2017 "

" Oh goodness gracious. This is 2031 " he sighed. Was I hearing this? How old am I now? 30 years old?! I covered my mouth before Jayden waltzed in.

" Are you gonna make brownies? " Jayden jumped on one of the chairs and spun around on it.

" Sure " Jason said. He opened the fridge and took out brownie mix before he was setting it all up, " look " he said, looking at me as he tried to put on an apron, " we'll figure this out tomorrow. For now just enjoy the fact you just time traveled. " He said with a smile. I stared at him. Was he joking? I walked into the living room and turned on to the T.V. as Fox News came on. They still had this after like 15 years?

" Today at exactly 1:26AM, John Fox's daughter Scarlett Fox announced that the opening of the time travel machine will be on market bidding at 500 Million. Some believe that Scarlett has already time traveled and has changed the timeline. Officer Gavin Jones has something to say " the camera turned to the so called officer and I jumped off the couch. Gavin? My Gavin?! He was alive?

The Sixth Element ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें