CHAPTER FIVE : DECISIONS AND DECISIONS

The second I woke up I was incredibly nauseous. The note and my father's bargain hit me like a ton of bricks. How was I going to fall in love with this brat?! I turned to Jason still soundly asleep and drooling onto the countertop. The clean countertop that was clean just last night.

I sighed irritatingly and jumped off the table I was on and pushed Jason clean off the counter. He landed on the floor with a thud, waking Gavin up. I smirked down at him as he groaned and looked up at me, his face twisted with displeasure.

" Get up. You're drooling " I growled at him. He got up, lazily and stretched, ignoring me. When he was done, he looked down at me, his eyes burning through mine.

" How more annoying do you have to be until I'm out of here? " He walked past me as if he didn't just ask me a question.

" I don't know. How much more attitude you going to bring before I kicked you out myself? " I snapped back. He didn't say anything as he walked to the kitchen and into the fridge. I scoffed. As if we had any food.

" I'm about to actually go get some food right now. Stay here. " I ordered, mostly looking at Jason. He stood there, casually watching as I walked out the side door where I arrived into another abandoned restaurant. I walked out and continued walking down the street. While I'm at it, I need to get some toiletries too. I walked to the nearest Walgreens and when I arrived. A splash of cold air hit my body immediately. I smiled, gratefully. I've always loved the cold.

Warmth was something I didn't like. Whether it was from natural weather or just from anyone in particular. The only person I'd accept would be my mother. But all because of my arrogant father, she was long gone.

I treaded down the food aisles suddenly feeling sad. I barely remembered what my mom looks like. I looked into one of the see-through doors and looked at myself through it. My red flowing hair, ivory green eyes, peach skin. Did I even look like her? Was she exactly like me? With my freakishly tall features and the look a like  Poison Ivy reincarnate with the same piercing eyes?

I shook off the negative thoughts and went straight for the ice cream aisle. Like the half typical girl I was, I grabbed 2 boxes of chocolate ice cream and a bunch of toppings to go with. Alright enough with sugars. Actual food. I grabbed multiple veggies, fruits, meats, poultries and bread with milk and cereal. Along with poptarts, fruit roll-ups and bags of Snickers and Hershey Kisses. All the things 3 teenagers need in their daily life right? Right.

I twisted the random credit card I stole on my way here in my hand. Hopefully they haven't already deactivate it. As the girl clerk scanned my food I looked over to the TV on the wall. Of course like typical stores have on TV's they had the News on. It talked about the security footage of last night at the docks. Oh God. I walked closer to it, watching and listening carefully to the woman who was speaking.

" Last night at around 9PM, many individuals gathered on the docks on what police are saying to believed what was a gang fight. The individuals have not been identified but one thing is for sure. One of them were witnessed to have an unknown element and was controlling shadows " she leaned forward, emphasizing the word shadows as if we already couldn't hear her high-pitched grating voice. She continued, " police say she must be a government experiment. We have word from Chief of Police, Sam Wakowsky. I turned away for the television, my nails digging into my palms. The clerk bagged my final food and popped her gum, waiting for me to pay. I paid and left with about 7 bags on my arms.

As I passed a dark alley-way I watched as two men surrounded a girl. She trembled as the tried running their fingers through her hair. I ran into the alley way before grabbing one of the tomato cans in the bag and throwing it at one of their heads. They all turned, including the girl.