CHAPTER FOUR : THE NOTE

We grabbed some buckets and set out to the docks.

“ Can you believe she's just ordering us around “ Jason spat. I looked up at him and shrugged.

“ I don't mind. She has a point “ he looked at me, “ we have to live clean “. I side. He groaned in a disgusted manner and scoffed.

“ You sound like my mom “

“ You mean the one that's terrified right now which you left at the police station? “ I added. He didn't say anything and I looked forward, silent as well. Jason had a rough life. But sometimes he deserved to get a good yelling at in a while. No matter what anyone does for him he's just so emotionless and ungrateful. He rarely talks about his family unless I catch him in obvious lies. Like the time he said he was late to my science fair because his school was on a lockdown. He was homeschooled at the time but I didn't say anything. I confronted him the next day and he opened up to me but that was it.

And yes. Orphans go to school if that's what you're wondering.

When we reached the docks, there was police tape around them. Of course there was. I'm sure there was cameras in the least around or witnesses. We casually walked up to them although my feet were going wobbly.

“ This is a crime scene. Step back “ a tall man said. His face was square and was very muscular.

“ We need water, that's it “ Jason said. The police man sighed and let us through before saying we had 5 minutes and no less. We walked to the docks and I waited as Jason filled the buckets up. Policemen and crime investigators were very where picking up evidence and analyzing footprints. Onlookers passed with intense curiosity but no one stopped to look or watch.

“ Let's go “ Jason whispered. I looked at him and to where he was looking to see two women walking to us. They were in long trench coats and had gloves on as they locked up evidence bags.

“ Hello, gentlemen “ the brunette said, “ may I ask why you're in a closed off crime scene? “ She asked, planting a fair smile across her lips. The other one only looked at us. I looked away from her scrutiny.

“ Were just getting water. That guy let us in. Sorry “ Jason was about to leave when the scrutinizing one stopped him. She smelt him which made me look at her, my eyebrows creasing. What in the world was she doing?

“ You smell burnt “ she said. Jason smiled nervously, “ it's my powers. Me and my brother got in a fight earlier “ he punched my arm before I punched him even harder. He was trying to prove we got in fights often. He frowned at me, “ I barely touched you! “ He pushed me before I kicked him between the crotch and he whimpered, getting on his knees as he crossed them. The women gave us a weird look before the brunette pulled on the other ones jacket telling her to leave us be. Jason sighed and shoved a bucket at me.

“ You okay? “ I asked as he stomped off and under the “ Caution : Crime Scene Ahead. Do Not Cross “ tape.

“ Oh, I'm fine “ he growled. I had to half-run just to keep with him as I got to his side.

“ If this is about the kick, you were asking me to “ I said. He didn't answer which either meant that wasn't it and he was just gonna settle with it or it was and he just didn't want to lose his cool. It would most likely be the former. As we got back to the restaurant or should I say our new home, the kitchen was almost clean. All there was left to do was get new ovens and stoves and get the rest off the pans and pots. I heard you can use salt and lime. Or was it sugar and lime? I don't know. I'm pretty sure there's an internet cafe around.

Scarlett's head popped up and I kept myself from laughing. Her red hair was sticking up from every place on her head and there was black ashes around her face, knees, arms, and hands. She ran a finger through her now fluffy hair and stood up, wiping her knees down.

“ Get to mopping “ she said, clearly happy we were doing everything she said. I didn't really mind. It was something to do to pass the time since it was so late. It was already 12. Is that late? I don't even know anymore. I dipped the mop in one of the buckets and mopped the far side of the room as Jason angrily mopped the floors with water, “ wipe up that attitude while you're at it “Scarlett snapped. I smirked as Jason did it faster, he looked like he was about to snap the broom in half. After that, we ( including Scarlett ), all wiped down the chairs, couches and tables all except the windows. We didn't need anyone to be nosy. So what we did was build up the restaurant off so that it's just look like the wall of the alley way. There was a side wall that led to another restaurant to the side so that's how we would be able to leave and get in.

[ Scarlett's POV ]

It was 5 in the morning and Gavin and Jason fell asleep on the floor. I went into the kitchen, ready to hit the hay myself before a paper on the counter caught my attention. I frowned and walked to it. I just cleaned this counter and hour ago. I picked it up and read it because I mean, who wouldn't?

Dear Scarlett,

I told you I would find you. I have a little proposition. If you don't do what I say, everyone close to you will get hurt. Jason, Gavin, Adam. Now, I need you to fall in love with Jason. Not just that but he need to fall in love for you to. If not. My part of the bargain will be fulfilled. I suggest you do what your told. No questions asked. But one more thing, if you fall in love with him and vice versa, my plan for you will be more than just fulfilled. Choose wisely darling.

John.