CHAPTER NINE : LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER

" It's all right. All you gotta do is have him fall in love with you " my father said. I glared at him as he wrote on paper. He had no feelings, that monster. He doesn't even care that Gavin is gone.

" Im not in love with him " I growled. He looked at me and I figured he'd say something about my tone with him but he ignored it and instead, all he cared about was his plans.

" Yet " he added. I rolled my eyes as he wrote more on his stack of papers. Girls and boys all crowded the table we were at, including Adam who was engaged with a conversation with another boy. All these people were all my age or a little older. All kids and teens. How could such young human beings be working for a cruel monster such as my father? I don't know what my dad did to convince their mind to go against their hearts but he was clearly good at it. Many people enjoyed working for him. I bet half of them had no idea what they were really in for, " alright. You're all dismissed " my father smiled and walked away with a few girls following him in business suits.

I ran a hand through my hair and a few girls followed me.

" I bet you like your role. A job to fall in love? Whoo " she and two other girls giggled. I turned sharply on my heels and they stopped still giggling, " Im Ava. This is Stefanie and Mandie " she pointed to two curly haired, albino girls. Twins. She smiled widely at me but I didn't return it.

" Listen Ava. Im not here to mingle and gossip with girls. Im here to finish a job. Now if you excuse me, I need to go do my 'work' " I pushed past her, bumping her shoulder harshly on purpose. She scoffed as I walked away.

" Woah. She's like her father " she told the girls. I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned, their shadows tackled them to the floor and grabbed them by the shoulders, dragging them towards me as people formed a circle around us, watching me like this was so normal. The girls screamed in their shadow's hands until they were all at eye level with me. My eyes burned straight through theirs.

" I am not like my father " the shadows dropped them and I walked away, slamming the doors closed behind me. Maybe she was right. Maybe I really was like my father. Right? I really was. I was everything like and I was denying it. I can't be like him. I can easily change.

I walked to my home and saw Jason seated at the kitchen counter. He smiled charmingly at me and I smiled back but it wasn't really real. I was falling for him and way too quickly. He scooted away to give me some room and I sat next to him.

" You look like you ran in to trouble. Was it your dad? " He asked as I say next to him. I shook my head and had my head lean in my hands.

" Just weared out. Jogs do that to you " I replied. He let out a single laugh, clearly thinking my sense of humour was any humour at all. We stayed like that for another few minutes in a comfortable silence. I got lost in my thoughts easily. I thought about everything. My  father, his plan for me, Gavin, Adam, Jason and a lot. What would happen to Jason when he finds out I was working for my dad? Will he even understand what I was trying to do? Will he think Gavin's death was my fault? Jason lay his head on the table and grabbed my hand. My eyes dilated and I looked at him as he held my hand.

" We're gonna be okay " he whispered as if reading my mind. I gave him a reassuring smile and squeezed his hand back as I lay my head on the table too. We looked at each other and smiled before a knock came on our door.

I frowned. A knock? Nobody even knew where we lived. I sat up, releasing my hand from his hand. He did the same and I opened the door slowly.

" Hello, Scarlett " Adam said. I stumbled back as he walked in. Im starting to think how everytime I see him he replies with the same thing. Hello, Scarlett. How about 'hey I missed you', or 'surprise!'. I mean, both are cliche but they're better than 'hey Scarlett'. He fixed his collar as more men followed, my father amongst them. Jason jumped up, ready to blast them but I held him back.

" Nice place you got here " a familiar voice said. A girl walked in. Ava. She faked a frowny face, " too bad were going to blow it up ". She smiled like a doll and placed a bomb on my wall, taking her gum out her mouth and like every mom's worst nightmare, placed it on the wall.

" What do you think you're doing " I growled, stepping forward.

" What? It's our plan " she whispered with a teasing smirk. I sneered before tackling her to the ground. She yelled in pain and Jason took this as a sign to light them all on fire. His hands lit, flames dancing around his hands. He charged at Adam and a war broke out in my very own new home.

She kicked me off of her and vines rose from the ground, ripping through the cement. She was an Earth element. The vines grabbed my arms and wrapped themselves around me, holding me down as a dagger made of stone appeared in her hands.

" You little brat! " She rose it before I kicked her knee as hard as I could. She screamed in agony, her dagger falling to the ground right near my head. I grabbed it with my mouth before I used Ava's shadows and it took it from my mouth before she cut the vines. Ava was on the floor, finally putting her knee in place as she wrapped vines safely and gently around it. She did the same with her other knee probably just in case and looked at me angrily. She charged for me again but I dodged her again and she instead tackled one of the tables. The table clashed to the floor and I smirked. She was making a complete fool of herself, " oh god! " She cried.

" Scarlett, behind you! " Jason screamed beneath all the chaos. I jumped to the side just in time to see one of the twins from earlier bring an axe down to the ground. It pierced the wood under it and the two girls looked at me, death in their eyes. I thought I was on their side! What in the world was going on?! Shadows rised from every living thing in here and they all pounced on every person working for my dad in this room. Adam and my father remained untouched. In not just a few seconds later, ash scattered the entire restaurant.

They were all dead. I looked around, shocked at what just happened. I killed everyone in this room. Almost. I covered my mouth. What have I done? My father and Adam ran through the ash and Adam bolted out the door before my father stopped and turned to me, " like father like daughter ". He smiled manevolently and followed Adam.

" Let's go! It's gonna blow! " Jason grasped my hand and pulled me out the restaurant where we both ran as far away as we can, tears falling behind me form my eyes as we did.

I murdered at least 12 people on cold blood. My father was right.

''Like Father Like Daughter''