CHAPTER THIRTEEN : TRUTH REVEALED

" What did you think I was going to do?! Let you go so easily!? " My father yelled. His eyes burned through mine, I was afraid he'd hit me. My father was absolutely terrifying as his face was close to mine, his reeking beer breath blowing in my nose.

" I don't wanna do this anymore! What's your plan for me! "

" You don't get to know my plan. But either way, I'm going to make you suffer " he growled back. I kicked him in the crotch and he squealed, bending over before I kneed him in the face. He fell back, groaning. I kicked him one more time for good measures and ran out the interrogation room or whatever he called it. He probably used it to get drunk since there were beer bottles everywhere. And since he was drinking, it meant he was nervous, and if he's nervous it means the plan isn't going as planned.

I ran down the hall pushing scientists out my way before he screamed painfully, " stop her! ". Soon, all the scientists were chasing after me and a lot of them were fast. I pretended I was gonna turn right but turned quickly to the left and they tripped over each other. I ran faster until a body tackled me. I turned to see a boy probably in his mid - twenties, pinning me down. A white cloak was wrapped around him. He was a scientist? At such a young age?

" Got you " he whispered in my ear. I writhed with desperateness but he was too strong. I kicked around and he laughed, amused, " well aren't you fiesty? Like your father " he added. My body went limp. There were those words again. The words everybody was telling me. My father caught up with us and patted the guy on the back and he stood up.

" Do you think we should do it now? " The boy asked as he wiped down his knees. My father paused for a while looking down at me. He nodded and they grabbed me.

" No! Get off me! " I screamed as they took my arms and legs and lifted me up. I was having some serious deja Vu right now. Their shadows came to life and attacked with all their might. The men fought back, dropping me flat on the floor stepping all over me. I slipped through and felt a burning feeling in my chest.

I gasped, falling to my knees and clutching my heart. I turned to see my father shooting a gun at some of my babies. My shadows. They were dying? How? The strange small gun shot pure light at them. The more he shot the shadows the more the feeling in my stomach grew worse. I felt like I wouldn't breathe. I whimpered softly, groaning as I clawed at my chest.

" Take her " my father ordered. The men hesitated this time but they grabbed me and picked me up as we walked down the halls before setting inside a room. They placed me on a table and strapped me down.

" No! Please! Let me go! " I begged. They finished strapping my feet down and stepped back as they pressed some buttons on their computers. After a minute or two a large syringe lowered itself down. It paused in front of my chest, " w - what is that? " I asked. They didn't answer as they continued to type. The clicking sounds clicked and clicked.

" What is that?! " I screamed. They still chose to ignore me as my father nodded at one of the men at the computers. Oh God. This was it. I was going to die. The syringe slowly lowered and as soon as it went inside my chest I screamed.

It felt like I was on fire and someone was ripping my body apart. I screamed and cried, the pain was unbearable. Please just kill me. Just let it end. Don't let me suffer, I pleaded to God. My body writhed up and down, shaking uncontrollably. My father just stared at me before he grabbed a lever to the side and pushed it forward. The pain become worse which I didn't know was possible. My voice and throat was raspy from the screams.

" HELP! " I screamed with all my might but all my father did was seem to enjoy it. His lips seemed to quirk up. If I survived this, he was going to pay. Painfully. He pulled the lever all the way back and the pain left like it was never there. Sweat dripped from all over my body, my chest rising vigorously. The straps automatically unlocked and I rolled off the bed, too weak to stand up.

" Stand up " my father ordered. I stood up. What was I doing? My father threw orders at me and I obeyed them against my will. How was this happening? I was obeying his every word. And I wasn't even meaning to. What did he put in me?

[ Jason's POV ]

Anaya stopped in front of a government complex. The sign on the gate showed clearly we weren't going to be very welcome here.

" Do Not Cross : Violators Will Be Executed. Government Property " I read.

" Aww! You can read! " Anaya cooed, I glared at her as she pushed me out the way, " now let's go. We're not in school " she climbed over the gate and I followed her like the idiot I was.

Loud painful screams came from the building. Oh God. That sounded like Scarlett. I was really hoping it wasn't. Anaya moved around like she knew the place and I followed close after, scientists looking at us strangely. I guess they didn't really suspect anything since we were walking around like we owned it instead of sneaking around suspiciously.

" Jason? " A voice said. We're so dead. I turned around to see Adam.

" Oh! Adam! " I said with a wide smile. I then grabbed Anaya's hand and ran as fast as I could.

" Jason! What are you doing?! " Anaya screeched. I ignored her, focusing on a place to hide. I pulled her behind some dumpsters as Adam zoomed past. I kept my hand over Anaya's mouth to cover her loud breathing, " Scarlett is in there! " She hissed once I pulled my hand away because she licked it.

" How do you know?! And I was saving our lives! Why didn't you run?! "

" I was letting ourselves get caught! That's the only way we'll be able to get in there without dying! " She growled back. I slumped.

" Oh "