Chapter 35

NICOLE'S POV
      "Here's what we're gonna do. I've placed 5 small, yellow flags in random places around the entire house. You're job is to find and collect all of them before I find you. Basically, I'm gonna close my eyes and give you 30 seconds to get out of my sight. After I'm done counting, I'm gonna go looking for you. This isn't hide and seek, you're not supposed to stay in one place, you need to stealthily move around the house and find all 5 flags. You have to be really sneaky, because if you draw too much attention I'll find you first." Taehyung explains. I nod, hiding my grin. Today's lesson was gonna be so cool.
      All the members besides J-Hope and Tae are in a conference room, they are planning and discussing the mission. Hoseok and Laura were in the middle of their lying lesson right now, and me and V were in our stealth one.
      "You ready?" He asked with a smile.
      "Defiantly. Prepare to lose." I lied. I was almost positive I was going to fail at this, but I was going to try nonetheless.
      "Mhm, we'll see." He replied. With that, he turned around, covered his eyes, and began counting. I decided not to go upstairs yet, it would be really hard to come back down without him seeing me. I also had a feeling that most of the flags were down here. I quietly made my way past the living room, which is where we were right now, and walked down a hallway I'd never been in before. I was gonna get myself lost, I knew that for a fact. After going left at the end of the hall, I saw a door. I opened it, luckily it wasn't locked, and I found a fairly crowded room. It wasn't messy, quite organized actually, but it was just packed with stuff. Papers tacked to the walls and boxes filled with all kinds of different things. I figured they were using this as a storage room. There was probably a flag hiding in here.
      I began looking behind, on, below, and around every box and drawer. I skimmed the walls with my eyes and didn't see anything yellow that caught me eye. I was about to give up on the room when I saw a small, triangular piece of yellow fabric that was attached to a tooth pick. It was taped to the inner part of the door, in plain sight. I let out a sigh and grabbed it, I should've checked there at the beggining.
I snuck back to the living room, and obviously Tae wasn't in there anymore. I took a hallway that was on the opposite side of the room, this one was more dimply lit.
      I checked the rooms that the hallway led to, looking thoroughly. I haven't heard anyone coming through, so I assumed V was upstairs. I thought about how simple it would be to escape right now, I could literally just walk out the door and no one would notice till later. They wouldn't kill Laura because it's obvious her and Jimin have something going on, so honestly nothing would even happen.
      Ha, like I would ever do that. I pushed the thoughts out of my head and continued to search. I had gotten pretty deep into the house by now, I really wasn't sure where I was. I found another flag inside I small closet. That's when I heard the footsteps.
      I silently hid myself in the closet and closed the door. Luckily he didn't get here soon enough to see me closing it. I could hear him walking in the same room I was in now. Shit, he was gonna check the closet. As quietly that I could, I hid myself behind the long coats that were in here. Just like I thought, he opened the closet door for a few brief moment. I was lucky he didn't thoroughly check it, just had a quick look. I exhaled a sigh on relief when he left the room. But he was downstairs now, I needed to be super careful.
      The kitchen wasn't super far from the living room, I bet I could get there without getting lost. I crouched down low and stayed close to the ground, walking around on my hands and feet. I probably looked kinda creepy, but it was faster and quieter than crawling on my knees. I made it to a very wide hall that was big enough to be a room, one I've seen many times. It's what leads to the kitchen. I was so close, the only problem was that Taehyung was standing right in the middle of it. He continued into the kitchen, and I took my opportunity to hide in a small closet on the side of the room. After a few minutes, V was finished searching the area, he left the kitchen and the hall. I made sure he was far enough before stepping out of the closet and into hall, then into the kitchen.
      Another problem was that you could see the kitchen from a lot of areas in the house. You could see it from the top of the stairs, from outside because of all the windows, and there was 3 different entrances into it so there was plenty of places for V to sneak in and bust me.
      But also a lot of escape options.
      I had to make this as quick as possible. I searched the cabinets and pantry, under and over the counter. When I looked in the refrigerator, I saw the flag taped to the side of the milk. I quickly grabbed it at turned to leave.
      But I heard footsteps, running footsteps. I hadn't been careful enough to be quiet since I was rushing to get out of here. Taehyung has on his way. The only option I had right now was to make a run for it before he reached me. I sprinted out of the kitchen through a different exit than when I came. It lead me to the dining room, and from there was the living room which had plenty of places to hide, I was so close-
      Right then I slammed into Taehyung.
      We both fell, but not on top of each other. Just side by side. I rubbed my forehead, which had ran right into his chin. "Damn it!!" I cursed.
      V laughed. "How many flags did you get?"
       "I already had 3!!" I whined.
      "I expected 4 by now. We really need to work on your skills." He teased. I hit his arm. He pushed himself up and extended his hand. I took it and he pulled me into a standing position again. But he didn't let go of my hand just yet.
      I naturally tried to pull it away but he squeezed it. He had an adorable, giddy smile. "I like holding your hand. It's comfy."
      "Comfy? That doesn't even make sense." I said, trying to pull away. He wouldn't let it go and suddenly started walking, tugging me along with him. "What are you doing?" I asked.
      "Practicing. Someday we might just be walking out in public while holding hands, so I need to practice to get it just right. You need to keep pace with me, hurry up!" He demanded playfully.
      I caught up to him and played along. "You're doing it wrong. Like this, it's cuter." I said, allowing myself a smile. I began to swing our hands back and forth.
      He grinned with his boxy smile. "You forgot this part." He said as he intertwined his fingers with mine. "Now it's perfect."
      I smiled and we walked like that for a few moments, reaching the living room. "Or we could always walk like this." V said. He let go of my hand and swung his arm over my shoulder. I laughed.
      "Or maybe this," he said, moving his hand and placing it around my waist, pulling me close to him. "Which one is best?"
      I pretended to think about it. "I don't know, I like all of them." He grinned.
      "Really?"
      "Yeah, they're comfy." I said mockingly.
      He giggled. "Ah, I probably made you so jealous when I had to kiss J-Hope."
      "You did not-"
      "Don't forget that was a dare, I didn't do that on my own free will." He assured me. Suddenly, he grabbed my shoulders and placed me in front of him. He bent his knees so we could be the same hight. He brought his face close to mine and smiled at me for a few moments.
       He got a bit closer. The tips of our noses almost touched. Then, he leaned it. Just when I though he was going to kiss me, he dodged my lips and simply pecked my cheek. He pulled away and moved a bit of hair out of my face.
      "There. That wasn't a dare, so you don't have to be jealous anymore." He said happily. With that he clapped his hands in my face before I had a chance to say anything. "Alright! Another round!"