Happily

Chapter 28: Happily

~~~

"Welcome to the shop!" A voice of someone has been heard from the shop as a costumer went inside.

"I would like to buy these bouquet of roses." The costumer said as he showed the bouquet to the counter.

"Oh, okay." the man on the counter replied.

"Wow, I can't believe summer will end already. That could be the reason why most of your flowers here are changing."

"Yeah," The man on the counter smiled. "I'm going to miss these sunflowers, and I'll be planting some flowers that could fit when autumn starts. Like hydrangeas."

"I see. Mr. Sendou, I've heard you're in a relationship with the mayor's relative? You're such a man, aren't you?"

"N-no... w-well... it's true but... um..."

The shop's door opened and the owner looked, a costumer with long blonde hair and green eyes appeared.

"W-welcome, Kourin-san!"

"Hello, Aichi."

The costumer smiled and took the bouquet as he paid, and left.

"What are you doing here?" Aichi asked and approached Kourin, holding her hands.

"Oh, I just wanted to visit you. You know we've been both busy these days," Kourin replied and smiled.

Aichi smiled back and looked at Kourin's ring on her finger and he touched it, feeling the cold ring.

"I see, I missed you too. How are things going?" Aichi asked again.

Kourin giggled, "I want to help my fiancé with his business. After Takuto helped me take piano lessons again I felt like there's nothing I've been doing but touching keys."

"Oh..." Aichi laughed, "I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I'll let you help me."

"Thank you, Aichi." Kourin said as she embraced him.
-

"Kourin-san, a-are you sure?"

Kourin nodded, she gave a small smile and embraced Aichi and replied.

"I want to get married to you soon, and I want to stay with you from now on."

Aichi embraced Kourin back, he didn't think that Kourin is that desperate to get married to him.

After Aichi and Kourin went home from Tokyo, a few days later he proposed to Kourin. Despite they just met for a month and their friend's sudden reaction, mostly to Morikawa.

He originally planned to marry Kourin for a year, and he is just shocked that Kourin wants it now.

"Don't you think it's too soon?" He asked.

"It's not! We've known each other for... oh... wait..." Kourin suddenly felt embarrassed.

Aichi laughed at pats Kourin's head. "What a silly woman, let's give this some time. I am not ready for it yet, and I bet you don't too."

Kourin pouted and let go from Aichi's embrace.

"I'm sorry, okay? It's just... maybe... I just... like you that much..." Kourin said.

"It's okay, there's always time for that, but not now." Aichi stated and looked at the flowers.

"Summer is ending soon..." Aichi said.

"Yeah, I can't believe all of those things happened. It's like a movie."

Aichi nodded, he arranged some of the flowers.

The door opened and Aichi and Kourin looked, they saw Misaki with Assistacat on her arms.

"Misaki-san! Hello!" Aichi greeted with a warm smile.

"It's been a while, Misaki. How are you?" Kourin said.

"I'm fine, things are just busy at the library. You know the kids are going back to school." Misaki spoke and touches Assistacat's head.

"And how about with Kai-kun?" Aichi suddenly asked and this made Misaki blush.

"W-we're fine... We've been sending letters to each other after all, though it's only by weeks or a month before receiving the letters."

Kourin then sighed, "Toshiki Kai must be busy in the military, right?"

"Yeah," Misaki said. "That's why the letters take a long time."

"I wonder what it is like in the military," Aichi wondered. "I know about some of the trainings because my father taught me but maybe it's more awesome if I know what it's like."

Kourin then pinched Aichi's ear, "Don't even think about going!"

"E-eh?! W-wait it hurts!"

Misaki laughed at the couple and Assistacat just yawned.

"Anyways, I'm going to buy some flowers for a little decoration." Misaki said.

Kourin stopped pinching Aichi's ear and Aichi touched his ear and helped Kourin and Misaki for the flowers.

When Misaki left, Aichi was staring at Misaki.

"I feel quite bad for Misaki-san," he stated.

"Why?" Kourin asked.

"Well, Kai-kun won't be home for a little while and I think she misses him so much." Aichi replied, "I miss him too, you know. He's like a brother to me, and him leaving felt like a family member just left us."

"I don't even like Kai that much but I feel the same," Kourin said.

"Eh? Why don't you like him?"

"Well... He looks too arrogant to me, that's why."

"Oh..." Aichi then chuckled and then glanced at Kourin's ring again.

"Kourin-san, do you think we'll be able to live happily together?"

"Of course, why not? As long as we l-love each other then there's no way we're not gonna be happy."

"I guess so." Aichi sat by the chair and he turned on the phonograph, he smiled at Kourin as they both stared at each other with a smile on each other's faces.

~~~

END OF CHAPTER 28