Stray Cats and Second Meeting

Chapter 3: Stray Cats and Second Meeting

~~~

"Misaki, are you awake?"

Misaki heard her uncle from downstairs, she groaned as she stood from her bed.

"Yes, Shin?"

"Can you please do me a favor? Since the library is closed for today, I'd ask you for an errand." Shin said to her.

Misaki sighed and she just agreed to.
-

As Misaki was walking down the street, she went to buy some foods for lunch. Misaki takes a look around the place, since it's morning, she would see some people chilling on the bench and drinking beverages. While others would talk to each other and some reading newspapers.

There are some people who would take a bike ride too, and roller skates. It was the daily life Misaki would see.

"Here you go, miss." Misaki looked back at the vendor and she took the bag of vegetables.

Misaki turned to walk away and she was about to go home, just as then she found some stray cats beneath the tree near a park. Misaki, who likes cats, went to approach them.

"Hey there, how are you?" Misaki spoke a little quietly.

One of the cats yawned and some let out a sound. Misaki had a little smile on her face as she looked at them. Then, Misaki thought of an idea, she took out a cat food (that she's supposed to give to her own pet cat) and gave it to them.

The cats went to Misaki and ate the cat food she gave them.

"Feeding my cats, huh." Misaki heard someone and Misaki stood up, turned around and to look at who the person was.

"You..." Misaki realized it's the guy from the flower shop.

"Hey," The guy said.

"Uh, so these are your cats?" Misaki asked.

"Not actually, I usually go here to take care of them. Though they're strays..." He replied and smirked. "I wanted to take them all but I'm staying at my friend's house and he was scared that they'll destroy his garden."

Misaki giggled at this, "They can be troublesome at times, I understand your friend. But I agree with you about taking them."

"Sucks, I had them first." The brunette told her.

Misaki frowned at him, she glared. "Your friend might not agree though, so I think they're mine."

"Oh you..." The brunette just sighed, "You don't need to take them."

"I was only kidding, okay?" Misaki's frown turned into a smile, she looked back at the cats. "I'm Misaki Tokura, how about you?"

"Toshiki Kai," He replied.

"Okay Kai, let's make a deal here. We can both visit them, but you shouldn't take any of them."

"I accept the deal, Tokura."

"Promise that. Anyways, I'm going home. See you again." Misaki said and walked past Kai.

"Hey," Kai spoke. Misaki stopped and looked at him. "Can we... meet here always?"

Misaki blinked, before she gave a smile which made Kai blush but she didn't notice.

"Sure, Kai."
-

"Morikawa, what the hell are you doing?!"

"I saw you, Aichi! Yesterday!"

Aichi looked at his friend who was angry, and he sweat dropped. He could feel a little bit of nervousness.

"W-what?" Aichi said.

"The new girl in town! You were with her! I had my eyes on her first and I swear I'll never let you go near-"

A ball hit the guy's head, causing him to stop.

"Morikawa-kun, are you okay?" Aichi asked as his friend Morikawa fell.

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine." His other friend, Izaki replied.

Aichi laughed nervously, "But really, I have no idea what he was talking about..."

"He meant about the girl you talked to, she's a new girl in town. You know? Blonde hair, green eyes. Her surname was Tatsunagi, which means she's one of Takuto Tatsunagi's relative." Izaki replied.

Aichi now understood what Morikawa was talking about. 'So Kourin-san is the mayor's relative.' Aichi thought.

"I see..." Aichi responded. He glanced and saw Kai walking, who had an unusual smile on his face. This made the blunette's eyes widen in shock.

"Kai-kun, you have a weird smile." Aichi said to Kai.

Kai did notice this and he frowned suddenly, "What do you mean? And what's this freak doing here?" He says as he pointed at Morikawa who's still laying on the ground.

"Oh, ignore him, Kai." Izaki said, "The mayor's relative was talking to Aichi yesterday and Morikawa became a little jealous."

"Mayor's relative? Who?" Kai looked back at Aichi in a confused expression.

Aichi replied, "It was Kourin-san. I didn't know she's the mayor's relative."

Kai nodded, he went inside the shop and looked for some flowers. "Aichi, do you have any lilacs here?"

"Lilacs? Yeah, I do. But I haven't picked them up yet, what's it for?" Aichi asked.

Kai had another blush on his face and looked away, "Nothing."

'It's best if he doesn't know it yet. But... the lilacs.... and Tokura...' Kai thought, then he pinched the bridge of his nose. 'Damn it.'

Aichi only scoffed, he knew what his best friend was thinking. If Kai found a girl then he's glad for it.

'If they ever get married I'd be the flower decorator. But then, I don't know if he really found someone though. Oh well...' Aichi looked back at Morikawa and Izaki.

"Aichi, if I ever found you with her again!" Morikawa groaned and pointed at Aichi angrily. "I'll punch you!"

"Morikawa, don't say that! Aichi's a son of a soldier!"

"I don't care! Wait... what?"

Aichi sweat dropped, "Well yeah. My father was, and I also wanted to serve there but my parents told me not to. But I was trained by my father some combat skills so..." Aichi gave a bright smile.

Morikawa then got pale and he cleared his throat, "I uh... take it back! I-if I see you again with her then I'll- I'll... forget it! I'm going home!"

Izaki laughed nervously as he followed Morikawa.

"Hey, are you guys sure you're up for next week's vacation?" Aichi asked them.

"Yes of course!" Izaki replied and he walked away.

Aichi then looked back at Kai who played music on the phonograph. He only smiled as he sang along on the music.

My love for you
Is deep and endless as the sea
Strong and mighty as a tree
My love for you

"I wonder when I can see Kourin-san again," Aichi mumbled as he stared at the sky.

~~~

END OF CHAPTER 3