Waiting

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating this story again ;; I totally forgot this story. Oh dear... Also, to those who doesn't know. I already have an AiKou AMV posted on my youtube account!
~~~

Chapter 27: Waiting

~~~

"Misaki, are you okay?" Shin asked his niece when he saw her sitting and seemed quiet as she reads a book.

"Misaki?" Shin called and waved his hands in front of Misaki's face.

And Misaki got startled and looked at Shin, "O-oh, I didn't noticed you are there."

"It's fine, but why are you so quiet? And you should be happy that your parents are coming home." Shin told her.

"Yeah..." Misaki gave a small smile before looking back at her book.

Shin blinked his eyes as he stared at his niece, whatever is happening to her, he somehow knows.

He fixed his glasses as he cleared his throat and spoke, "Kai-kun went to the military, didn't he?"

Misaki's hand that was turning the page had stopped, she looked at Shin again.

"Y-yes," she replied.

"Now, why do you seem sad about it?" Shin asked, "You should be happy that Kai-kun has found something he could do. Didn't you say that you wanted him to do what he really wants to?"

Misaki sighed, she closed her book and looked down. "I am happy that he finally did something, but I really don't understand why I am like this. It's like... bittersweet."

"Oh..." Shin smiled, "How about sending him letters?"

"I sent two, he still haven't replied to any of them."

"Well, it's really going to be a bit hard for him. He is training, isn't he? He might be busy."

"I know, I'm just going to wait for it."
-

"Kaiiiii~"

Kai was walking by the outside of the training camp and he heard someone called him. He glanced around and saw Ren running towards him.

"Ren..." Kai called.

"Kai, here! You received two letters! One seems to be from a week ago and the other was received just yesterday." Ren told him as he gave the letters to Kai.

"Oh," Kai took the letters and read it. "It's from Tokura..."

Then, Kai felt Ren staring at him and he got quite annoyed. He looked back at Ren and saw him grinning.

"What?" Kai glared.

"Hmm, I didn't think you and her would be together. That's really great~" Ren said in a teasing manner.

"Shut your mouth!" Kai blushed hardly and hid the letters on his shirt pocket and walked away.

"Invite me in you wedding okay?" Ren yelled.

"No!" Kai walked faster and left.

Ren chuckled as he stared at Kai.
-

As Kai went back to his room, he lay down  on his bed and started to read the first letter.

Dear Toshiki Kai,

How are you now with the military? I hope you're doing fine and I hope you don't get in trouble.

If you're asking how I am, yes I am fine too. I told my parents that we are together now, and they were happy that I found someone I could be with.

And also, Aichi and Kourin went to a trip to Tokyo. I've heard that it's because Aichi is courting her now.

Miwa is always asking me how you are, and I'm quite annoyed because why won't he just write his own letter?

Anyways, I have to go to the library now. I hope you have a chance to read this letter even if you're busy.

-Misaki Tokura

Kai had a small smile on his face and he opens the other letter.

Dear Toshiki Kai,

You haven't replied yet. It's fine though, I know you're busy with your training. How's life there? If you really get in some fights that you started, I'll hate you forever.

But I know you don't do that, I just felt like writing that.

My parents are about to come home tomorrow and I'm happy.

Kai, I have no idea why but I feel quite sad. I don't really understand, maybe it's because you're not here. The stray cats keep making noises whenever I go there, they must be looking for you.

I am too, sometimes.

Wow... that's dramatic, isn't it?

By the way, when will your vacation come? If you have a chance to come home, I want to introduce you to our parents and we could go out somewhere.

The cats miss you and I do too.

-Misaki Tokura

Kai started to chuckle, he totally must've forgot about the cats. And Misaki mentioning them was fun. Kai stood from his bed and sat at the chair and took the pen and paper from the table drawer and he started to write.

Dear Misaki Tokura,

~~~

END OF CHAPTER 27

story is near ending!