Departure

Chapter 21: Departure

~~~

Kai was already packing his clothes, it's the day he's about to leave. He knows he would miss his friends, and it's because he wouldn't come home for a while. He did promise to send letters to everyone, mostly her.

He sighed and looked at the window, he decided he would leave later on.
-

"Kai going back to the military? Really?" Miwa asked as he looked at Misaki who is reading a book.

Misaki gave a nod before looking back at Miwa and replied, "He already decided these past days, and he'll leave today."

"Oh, but still I didn't expect he would. I thought he quit before because of reasons and now he'll come back." Miwa stated as he puts his hands on his hips, "That Kai..."

"There's nothing we can do about it, Kai is leaving and that's his decision." Misaki told him in a melancholic tone.

Miwa then sighed once again before looking back at the lilac haired girl, he noticed how a little down she is and he understood why. So he tried to liven up the mood.

"Hey, did you know that Kai was once a greaser?" Miwa said as he grinned.

"Greaser? He's one of those?" Misaki looked back at Miwa with curiosity.

"Yes, he also was a little rude during highschool. But I'm glad his personality changed, thanks to studying hard and being enlisted to the military by his father's suggestions."

"I see..." Misaki looked at her book, she had just imagined Kai as one of those greasers during the 50's. And she smiled a bit at that. But then Misaki remembered something.

"Wait, Kai was a greaser when he was a teenager? That's quite unbelievable." Misaki said.

"Not exactly a greaser, he just acts like one. He even got to wear a leather jacket for once." Miwa snickered.

"You're talking about me behind my back, that's really respectful, Miwa."

They heard Kai's voice, and as Miwa and Misaki glanced, Kai was already behind Kai with his usual scowling face and he's holding his bag.

"Kai, I thought you're leaving." Misaki said in surprise.

"I am, just stopping by." Kai replied and looked at Miwa, "What are you even telling her?"

"Nothing, just about your highschool life as a greaser." Miwa said with a smirk.

Kai clicked his tongue in annoyance and looked at Misaki, "Don't believe him."

"But you were one, weren't you?!" Miwa spoke.

"Shut your mouth, Miwa."

Misaki then spoke, "Kai, you really should go now."

"You think so?" Kai said.

Miwa then smiled, he really shouldn't bother these two so he walked a bit far from them.

"Yes, aren't you guys from the military have to be early as possible?"

"It really doesn't matter for me," Kai told Misaki.

Misaki sighed in a little frustration, "Listen... you have to be early, what if the ones with higher rankings starts to punish you for being late at your first day?"

Kai then smirked and puts his hand on the desk where Misaki's resting her other hand. He reached for her hand and held it.

"You really don't understand, do you? I came here because I wanted to see you before I leave, is that too much for you? I don't hinder, do I?"

Misaki blushed at Kai's words, she couldn't believe that Kai would say those and she felt weird at Kai's actions.

"Y-you don't hinder... I'm just saying you have to be early, I-I don't want you to get in trouble." Misaki told him bashfully, her face beet red and she stuttered through her words.

"I won't," Kai smiled at Misaki as he puts his hand on top of her head. "I have to go now."

"Take care, Kai."

"I will."

Kai had let go and he sighed, he gave a final look to Miwa and Misaki before he gave a small smile and he puts his other hand up.

"I'll see you soon," Kai said as he left.

"Make sure you'll send us letters, okay?" Miwa said.

"Yeah."

"Kai, I-I'll wait for you to come back home." Misaki stated.

"Then I'll wait for your answer too, Misaki Tokura."

"Of course."

As Kai went out of the library, Misaki can't help but to let her tears out and she sobbed. She will miss him so much.

And she has to tell him something she couldn't say earlier.

~~~

END OF CHAPTER 21

A/N: I'M SORRY I COULDN'T UPDATE THESE PAST WEEK, TOO BUSY FOR MY FANFICS AND FAN ARTS AND SCHOOL.

-JET