The Garden's Vineyard

Chapter 2: The Garden's Vineyard

~~~

Kourin was walking around downtown, taking a look and is mesmerized by the place's simple yet happy and friendly neighborhood. After she arrived three hours earlier, she decided to take a stroll.

Then, as Kourin saw some flowerbeds, she remembered what her younger sister Rekka told her.

"Kourin! You're going to Takuto's place, right? If so then you need to take a visit on the famous flower shop!"

Kourin thought she should try and take a look at it.

"Excuse me, but do you know where is the flower shop here?" Kourin asked a random civilian.

"Oh, it's just around that street. If you find a house with a big lot and garden, you'd find it."

"Thank you," Kourin bowed and she walked to said direction.
-

"Seriously, Kai-kun?!" Aichi looked at his friend in shock. "You prefer jazz than rock?!"

"Don't get me wrong, I like rock but jazz is my preferred genre." Kai replied, "Just like you, aren't you a classical fan?"

"Yes of course! But I have no idea you were into jazz." Aichi told him and he decorated some flowers.

"Um, excuse me?" Aichi heard a girl's voice and he quickly turned.

"Ah, hello and welcome to-" Aichi stopped as he looked at the girl with long blonde hair and green eyes. His eyes widened, who is this girl and why does she look beautiful?

"This is the famous flower shop that everyone is talking about, right?" The blonde girl asked.

Aichi didn't answer though, his mouth agape as he continued staring at her.

"Aichi, hey. You have a costumer." Kai spoke and gave a light slap on Aichi's head to bring back the blunette from whatever train of thoughts he's in.

"I-I'm sorry." Aichi apologized quickly as he realized what he was doing. Aichi laughed awkwardly at the costumer. "What were you asking about, ma'am?"

"I was asking if this is the shop that everyone was talking about, the Sendou Flower Shop."

Aichi nodded, "Yes. And what can I do for you? Do you need flowers and plants for decoration? Bouquets or seeds?" He asked.

The blonde haired girl looked around the shop, it was aesthetically beautiful and she liked how organized and neat the flowers and plants are.

"I was curious, this is a good shop." She complimented.

"Thank you very much," Aichi smiled and felt happy.

The blonde haired girl looked at Aichi and she approached him, "You're the owner of this shop, right?"

"Yes." Aichi replied.

The blonde smiled back at Aichi, causing him to blush again.

"Say, what flower do you think would suit me?"

"Uh..." Aichi first noticed her long blonde hair, then her green eyes and beautiful smile. "Sunflowers."

"Sunflowers?"

"Yes, ma'am. Sunflowers." Aichi took a single sunflower and gave it to the girl. "They're the beautiful ones, j-just like you."

The girl blushed and took the flower from Aichi, "Um..." Then she took money from her purse and gave it to Aichi. "H-here's the cash."

"Ah, thank you for purchasing." Aichi tried to properly smile but he couldn't, he blushed hardly.

The girl then was about to walk away, but as she turned, Aichi spoke.

"Um! I-I'd like to speak to you for a second, ma'am!"

The blonde looked at him, "What is it?"

"I-I know it sounds rude but... I'd like to know your name." Aichi said bashfully.

The blonde girl smiled at him and she replied, "I'm Kourin Tatsunagi."

Aichi smiled back, "My name is Aichi Sendou... it's nice to meet you, um..." he took his hand out for a handshake. "Kourin-san?"

"Nice to meet you too," Kourin held his hand. As they let go, Kourin glanced at the sunflower she's holding.

"These are pretty flowers, Sendou. Where do you get them?"

"Just at the garden from the back of this shop, and I'd be frank here, I have a lot of them." Aichi replied proudly, chuckling.

Kourin giggled, "I'd like to see them. But I think you wouldn't allow me, it's okay though."

Aichi shook his head, "Oh no! I think I can let you see it!"

"...You're serious, Aichi?" Kai spoke, "Didn't you say you're not letting anyone see it until you-"

"Kai-kun, it's just a little peek! And I wouldn't want to never serve my costumers!" Aichi told Kai happily, a grin painted on his face.

Kai sighed, then suddenly it hit his realization. 'Don't tell me Aichi have... No, there's no way. But if he really found that someone, won't he do the same?'

"So you want to see the garden?" Aichi asked.

"Sure." Kourin nodded, and so they went to the garden together.

Kai glanced at the two as they walked, he took a vinyl record to put on the phonograph. He played jazz music.

I fall in love too easily
I fall in love too fast
I fall in love too terribly hard
For love to ever last
-

"So here we are!" Aichi opened the back door and showed Kourin the garden.

Kourin's jaw dropped, seeing the beautiful scenery of the garden. She started to walk up there when Aichi told her to, and Aichi introduced her to the flowers.

"These are my precious flowers, Kourin-san! I took care of them ever since I was young." Aichi grinned.

"Wow..." Kourin thought it was breathtaking to see how beautiful the flowers are, and she held the sunflower she bought closer to her.

"I want you to see the vineyard, that one was the one I really like." Aichi said as he pointed on the vineyard.

As they went there, Kourin touched some of the leaves on the vines.

"Aren't they beautiful?" Aichi spoke, Kourin looked at him. "These came from all of my hard work, and I'm happy you saw them."

"Is it really okay? We just met and..."

"I want to be your friend, Kourin-san." Aichi told her, straightforwardly and clear.

"Friend?" Kourin looked surprised.

"Yes, that's why I let you show my garden. So, can we?"

It took Kourin a little while before she answered Aichi, with a bright smile and a simple answer.

"Yes."

And Aichi swore he'll never forget that he became friends with someone at the vineyard he treasured.

"Thank you, Kourin-san!"

~~~

END OF CHAPTER 2

A/N: I literally listened to some jazz music to know what song I'd insert on the chapter. And I listened to a little bit of modern songs like The Young Veins' Cape Town, that's why I made Aichi bring Kourin to the vineyard because on the Cape Town song, the boy brought the girl to the vineyard. ^^;;

Anyways, I really love the comments I'm receiving. I hope you guys love this story, this is the hardest thing I could write in my whole life. See you all next chapter!

-Jet