Dead.

So... stuff's happened. And I can sense your disbelief from here, but I assure you that this is not a dream. It did happen.

All I can say is that I own nothing.

Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one's Pov:

A servant ran from the shadows and quickly picked up the still form of Marinette. The man that had attacked her just stood over the silent figure in pure shock.

"Mr. Raincomprix, a little help would be apricated." The servant quietly said, shaking the man from his shock, and he lifted the body as if it weighed no more than a feather, but he also held her delicately as if she might break.

Together the two figures stole out of Hawk Moth's lair, knowing that no one would follow them. The moment they were out of sight, the servant removed her hood and revealed herself to be Alya.

The only words spoken between the two were Alya directing Officer Roger on where to turn. They ran as if their lives depended on it.

Finally, they came to a stop at a small house near the Eiffel Tower. Alya urgently knocked on the door, alerting the owner. A tall woman with deep purple hair opened the door and quickly ushered them in.

There was a medical table already prepped, and that is where Officer Roger placed Marinette.

Ms. Mendeleiev didn't even bother with questions as she got to work.

Three hours later saw a tear-stained Alya, traumatized Officer Roger, blood-soaked Mendeleiev, and a still silent Marinette.

"Ms. Mendeleiev, is she going to be okay?" Alya asked quietly.

"It's hard to tell, Ms. Cesaire. She lost a lost of blood. She's lucky that Hawk Moth was a bad enough aim that he missed any vital organs."

Officer Roger just starred at Marinette, then he spoke, "I didn't think I'd hit her that hard. She's just so small."

"It's okay Mr. Raincomprix, you did what you had to. Marinette was right to ask you."

"I could've killed her."

"But you didn't."

"We don't know that yet."

That killed any argument Alya had, they really didn't know if she'd make it out of this one. Of all the schemes that Marinette had hatched, Alya couldn't help but think that she'd really hatched an ingenious one. Alya's tears came back with a force.

Ms. Mendeleiev rushed back into the room, she'd left to check on Marinette and make sure she was alright. Her face looked like she wanted to cry, but her voice was steady, "I couldn't find Marinette's pulse."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you next time.