Memories

You guys hate me yet? Do I need to fear for my life because of the last chapter? None of you are going to hunt me down and kill me, are you? Because I would like at least a three-day head start if so.

If not, then let's get on with the chapter!

I own nothing!

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette's Pov:

I woke up with a start. My skin was damp with sweat and I was having trouble breathing right.

I'd had that dream again. 'But it's not a dream' a little voice in my mind said, 'It's a memory'.

Shaking my head I stood up and looked at the dojo, more specifically, my former classmates sleeping side by side in their sleeping bags.

A lot had changed in three years.

Three months into Alya's training, we managed to unbrainwash Kim. After a solid dressing down from Alix, he too began training. Though I got the feeling it was so he could spar with Alix again.

A year passed with both of them becoming stronger and more experienced before Alya was able to save Nino. He was mostly just glad that he was able to be with Alya again.

Three months into Nino's training Hawk Moth went public. His men began publicly attacking stores and shops, Antibug and Chat Blanc at the front of it.

The first place they went for was the school. My class tried to reason with them, but they were beyond it.

Everyone just barely made it out, with Kim, Nino, Felix, Alix, Alya, and Bridgette leading them to our base.

That night I tracked Chat Blanc down and tried to talk some sense into him. That night he would've killed me if it hadn't been for Kim, coming to my rescue.

When I woke up they told me that I'd been out for a week. And that Paris had become a war zone.

We then began training our class, so that they could all help us in some way or another in taking down Hawk Moth.

It hasn't been easy. Hawk Moth rules the city with an iron fist, and Antibug and Chat Blanc are his main enforcers. To keep suspicion off of our families, everyone agreed that only a few would remain at the hideout at a time so that we could keep up appearances. My parents quickly left Paris in all of the confusion of the early days, so I stay here full time.

Recently though, Hawk Moth's been getting worse so more and more of the class is staying.

The only truly lucky break we've had was that Chloe never realized that the Bee comb was a listening device so we were still relatively up to date on their plans.

I'm broken from my thoughts as a cup of hot chocolate is pushed into my hands. "You should be asleep," Bridgette says, sipping her own drink, "It's after two a.m. Mari."

"I could say the same to you."

"I'm on watch, you are not."

"Couldn't sleep?"

"..."

"The dream again?"

"...Yeah."

Bridgette glared into her cup. "I wish we could just knock some sense into that boy. A year and a half that this has been going on and Blanc is still as aggravating as ever." Her hands tightened on the drink.

I placed my hand on top of hers. "You know it's not that simple Bridgette."

"I know it's just so annoying! And I can't even be mad at him!"

"Bridgette."

"What?"

"Go to bed, I'll finish the watch."

"But-"

"Go. I won't be getting any more sleep anyways."

Bridgette half-heartedly glared at me, but didn't protest anymore, and headed to her sleeping bag.

Before I headed out I whispered into the sleeping room, "It's not his fault."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Would anyone be surprised that I had been planning a chapter like this for a while now?

See you next time!