Chapter 8

-AK Pov-

I got up early today because I needed to talk to Nay before school started. My momma was calling me all damn night, to the point I just turned my phone off.

I did my morning hygiene thing. I'm so stressed. Money coming up short, my momma mouth, I don't know what happened to Nay or Imani, shit just stressful.

I put on some boxers, a pair of Nike gym pants, a Nike shirt, my Nike elite socks, and some Nike slides. Fuck that shit, I still look good.

I grabbed my keys and phone walking out the house. I locked the door and made my way to school.

"Wassup nigga?" Jackboi asked dapping me up.

"Every-damn-thing." I said leaning on the side of his car.

"Don't tell me it's about that Janay girl." I nodded.

"Nigga you whipped and ain't even get the pussy yet." I just looked at him like nigga are you dumb.

"Oh shit you hit the pussy. Yeah you whipped. I thought you didn't liked dark skinned girls?" I shake my head.

"I didn't at first, but something about her draws me to her. But that's not it. Ma said some foul shit to her yesterday and I don't know where she went or if baby girl okay." I said.

"I feel ya, but just talk to her. Matter of fact do it now, because there she go." I looked in the direction she was in. We walked toward her. I know my nigga like Trin, but Trin ass be playing.

"Morning ma."

"Hey, good morning." Nay said. We stood there looking at each other. Awkward.

-Janay Pov-

I didn't want to be late because I over slept. I quickly showered and got us ready for the day.

Once Imani was at daycare I quickly made my way to school. With 10 minutes to spare.

I was talking with Trinity as usual when AK and his friend walked up.

"Morning ma."

"Hey, good morning." I said. We just all stood there in an awkward silence.

"Can I talk to you in private, Nay?" I nodded. Trinity and his friend walked away.

"So wassup?" I said posting up on the wall.

"I just want to apologize for what my mom said to you yesterday. She had no right in doing that. I looked for you after I told her off, but you were already gone. I didn't have your number either so I couldn't call you. I went by your house and I didn't get an answer."

"What your mother said didn't phase me. People gon' talk and judge you till the day you die and there's nothing you can do about it, but live your life. When I left your mom house the bus was coming so I got on and went home. We went to sleep early last night, so that's why you didn't get an answer." I said.

"Oh, I thought something happened to y'all. You had me worried. You need to give me your number too." We exchanged numbers and I hugged him.

"Everything good now?" Trinity asked me.

"Yeah." We walked in school heading to class. In all honesty it doesn't bother me that people talk about me or judge me. At first it did, but I got over it because God made me this way for a reason. Either accept it or move on.