Epilogue

Epilogue

.

“Hey Carter! Are you not coming with us?” Elmer asked his friend.

Carter shook his head, not removing his eyes from the name engraved on the grave.

Sana Clarke

Every year he comes to her grave on her death anniversary. He still remembers his first love. They say ‘first love never lasts forever’. It becomes a bittersweet memory. They were better as friends than lovers. But that doesn’t change the fact that he really loved her.

Another part of him visits this grave in the hopes of seeing Leah. He still remember his second love, his last love. And the girl who still has his heart. No matter how much he resented her for leaving just like that at first, he couldn’t forget about her, not about his love for her. Her beautiful smile was engraved in his mind. He was always looking for traces of her in other girls. But he couldn’t find her and he gave up on playing around.

Every year he waits for her return at Sana’s grave. Because of Sana, they were together eight years ago, even if it was for just a night- the most beautiful night of his life. And he believed they would be together again because of Sana.

He was selfish to think like that. Coming to a grave for impure motives. But it’s not like it was solely his purpose. He came there to meet his friend, that sweet girl who cared so much about him.

Carter felt someone tap his shoulder. It was more like a tickle that made him start. He turned to look up but there was no one. When he lowered his gaze, a little girl was standing there. Her eyes were teary and she had a pout on her face as she looked at him.

“Um…,” he never knew how to deal with kids. “Why are you crying, princess?” He asked softly, turning around to face her. He looked around for signs of her parents or guardians. But no one was around in the cemetery.

“Mama,” the girl’s voice croaked and more tears welled up in her eyes. Her chubby cheeks were pink.

“Hey, hey,” he put a hand on her shoulder. “What happened? Where’s your mama?”

“Lost. Mama is lost.” She started crying.

Lost? What does that mean? Could it be that her mother died? Or could be that she was lost? Maybe the girl was separated from her mother.

“Don’t worry, darling. We will find mama.” He told her and she stopped crying, still sobbing a little. He awkwardly offered her a handkerchief and she wiped her tears from it. He always carries one with him on Sana’s death anniversary. One never knows when their emotions will hit them with enough force to make them cry. He won’t deny, he had cried before, sitting in front of her grave.

“Where was the last time you saw your mama?” He inquired. It would be great if they find her mother quickly or he will bring her to police station.

“Park,” she mumbled.

“Park?” He was surprised. The park was about half a mile from cemetery. He highly doubted the small girl could have walked that distance alone. Maybe her mother was on her way to somewhere and she separated when the passed cemetery.

The little girl nodded her head.

“Then let’s just go and find your mother.” He said with a smile and the little girl perked up.

The park was in the way to police station if he didn’t find her mother there and he will just walk a little further to police station or hand her over to a cop.