Four - Save me, Again

Chapter Four - Save me, Again

My head was filled with the thoughts of Carter. After he saved me from Isabella, I was really grateful to him. Even though, he was the one who said some rude words to her, I was at the receiving end of her constant glares. Her looks were so murderous. I didn’t want to be alone for even a second with her around. Who knows when will she kill me? A jealous girl is really an evil witch. She is a disaster. The fire of her jealousy envelops the victim. That’s why one should stay away from girls like Isabella.

Still, I couldn’t stop thinking about Carter. I knew very well that if Isabella got a sniff of my affection for Carter then she will definitely make me burn before burning in hell herself. But I can’t do anything about it. That boy just invades my head and I get consumed in thoughts of him.

Carter didn’t come to class after that. When it was time for club activities, he still didn’t appear. Disappointed, I decided to focus on my practice. President was being extra aggressive. He was hyped. That foul mouthed jerk exhausted me with training within thirty minutes of club activities. He was hyperactive. We played without any break for half an hour and my head was spinning. Added to that, the events of the day had really exhausted me. On the top of that, I hadn’t done any practice during vacations so I was really out of shape. This is what happens when you are too confident of your abilities. You get defeated. That reminded me how badly I lost to Carter.

Next time, I’m gonna show him. I was determined once again. But I was really thirsty.

“President,” I raised my hands in surrender. “I need to drink water.”

He narrowed his eyes at me but nodded anyway. I reached for my water bottle but found it to be empty. I guess I have to refill it. I left the court without being noticed by the president. It was better to relax a bit before going back to the field. I wandered aimlessly in the hallways. When I heard voices from a classroom, I stopped.

Was that Carter?  I was not mistaken. That was Carter’s voice. He was at school? Then why didn’t he attend any class. He wasn’t there for the club activities either. The door of that room was closed. I thought of barging in as usual but then decided to act polite. Besides, he helped me today so I need to thank him properly.

I slightly opened the door and peeked inside. My eyes widened at the scene inside. Carter was sitting on a chair and a girl was on his lap. They were making out like lovers. It looked really intense and I quickly moved away. My chest suddenly felt heavy.

I knew Carter was like that but still… What was I thinking? I just like him. I didn’t know it was going to hurt me like this. Such a stupid boy!

With a heavy heart, I walked away from there to get water. It was a mistake to go there. No! It was not. I got the see real face of Carter. What am I even talking about? Carter always shows his real face. I was the one wound up in my own fantasy. Carter doesn’t belong to one girl. He hurts them. And today, knowingly, I was hurt by him.

I’m so stupid.

The tears I was desperately trying to hold back fell down.

“Stupid me! Stupid me!”

** **

When I returned to practice, I directly walked to the President who was observing students. I gently tugged at his t-shirt while keeping my head down. He turned to look at me. I didn’t bother to return his gaze.

“Can I go home?” I asked in a small voice.

“What happened? Are you alright?” President asked me, turning his attention completely to me.