Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Niall’s POV

It’s been three days since I announced the “Take Niall on a Date” Challenge and today was the first of the two. Liam was going to take me on a date tonight and then Zayn tomorrow. I’d been snooping around the house to see if I could get an idea of what they were going to do but unfortunately I had no success so today was finally the day when some of the suspense would be relieved.

Liam had told me that his date was going to be an evening date so I spent all day getting myself ready mentally for the fact that I was going on a date with Liam freakin’ Payne.

It was now 6pm and I was ready to go. Liam told me to dress smart casual so I’d done my hair up in a quiff and was wearing a button up shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

“Niall? Time to go!” I heard Liam call from the lounge room.

“Coming Liam!” I yelled back, doing a final once-over in the mirror before turning on my heel and heading down. The sight in front of me caused me to suck in a breath in amazement.

Liam was standing in front of me wearing a dark blue button up top and black jeans looking dashing as ever.

“Wow. You look,” Liam began.

“Amazing,” I breathed out, staring at him. “I mean. You look amazing. Not me,” I said, beginning to ramble. He chuckled at my nonsensical rambling before holding out his hand for me.

“Let’s get this show on the road,” Liam said, before joining our hands and leading me towards his car.

He opened the passenger’s side for me, helped me in before going around to the other side of the car. He got in, took a deep breath nervously before turning the car on and pulling away from the kerb.

“So where are we going?” I asked him.

“Not telling,” he said, sticking his tongue out cheekily at me. “You’ll find out soon enough,” he said, causing me to pout. I was very very impatient.

We carried a casual conversation as Liam drove us to wherever we were going before finally we were pulling into a parking lot.

“If you plan on killing me here, tell my parents I love them and my friends and,” I said before Liam cut me off.

“I’m not taking you here to kill you, Niall. I wouldn’t do that. I love you,” Liam said. My cheeks flared up as a blush erupted over my cheeks.

I could feel Liam reversing the car into a spot before he got out, came around to my side and helped me out of the car, joining our hands once again. We went around to the back of car and then Liam pulled open the boot of the car. The back of the car was big enough for us to sit in it and we were able to open the sunroof so we could see up into the sky.

In the back of the car, Liam had piled blankets, pillows and a picnic basket.

All of a sudden, lights flashed on in front of us. I blinked my eyes rapidly, allowing myself to adjust to the bright light before I saw what was in front of us. It was a large movie screen.

“I thought we could spend the night watching movies, eating and stargazing,” Liam said.

“This is amazing,” I said in awe. Liam cracked a small smile before hopping into the boot of the car with me following him.

The way Liam had parked, allowed us to have a perfect view of the screen. I settled into one of the pillows that was piled in the back and draped the blanket over our bodies.

A slight wind picked up causing me to shiver so Liam put his arm around my waist and brought me closer to him so that I could snuggle into his chest.

I sighed in happiness as Liam reached over and brought the picnic basket closer to him. He pulled out a bowl and let me look inside it. Strawberries.

He picked one out and held it to my mouth, allowing me to bite into the delicious red fruit. As the fruit dissolved in my mouth, I liked my lips subconsciously to get any of the excess juice on my lips.

As the movie started, Liam continued to feed me strawberries and I fed him some as well. The whole time, my head was nestled into Liam’s broad chest, keeping me warm as his fingers ran over my hips, raising goosebumps on my skin. We sat like that the entire span of the movie. In silence, just soaking up each other’s presence as the movie played out.

“Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Niall,” Liam said to me as the credits of the first movie we were watching rolled onto the large screen. He leaned over and ever so gently kissed my forehead. I could feel heat rise in my face as the blood rushed to it. I could feel tingles run over my body from the contact of his lips on my skin. All I could do in response was to smile up at him and reach up to kiss him on the cheek.

“Look up, Niall,” Liam said, causing me to pull my eyes away from him. Above us, the stars twinkled happily.

“The stars you see are light years and light years away from us but that doesn’t stop them from sharing their light with us,” Liam said. “That’s what I want my love for you to be like. I don’t want anything at to stop me from sharing my love for you with the whole world and telling them how much I love you. That I love you to those stars and back and back to the stars again and back to earth over and over again,” Liam said. By then, I could feel that my cheeks were damp and as I blinked, I could feel tears run over them.

“Crap. That was beautiful, Liam,” I cried, as he leaned over and kissed the tears away from my cheeks. I don’t think I could ever get sick of the feeling of his gentle lips. The date ran smoothly for the rest of the night. Liam had somehow managed to get the drive-in cinema people to open it up just for us and he was playing a marathon of some of my favourite movies. He had food, my favourite movies and the stars. This boy truly knew the way to my heart. Unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end so slowly the night drew to a close.

“As a fanboy, I think I’ve imagine over a thousand different ideas of dates with you but I don’t think any of them have lived up to this,” I said to him honestly. “This was truly beautiful. The food, movies, the stargazing. Everything. Thank you for this, Liam,” I said to him.

“It was my pleasure, Niall,” he said, leaning down to kiss my forehead again.

Zayn really had his work paved out for him. If he was going to beat Liam, he would have to bring his A-game cause right then, I was falling for Liam.

A/N This chapter is dedicated to @our5directions because she came up with the awesome idea for Liam’s date! Sorry this chapter is short and kind of sucky with not much detail and it's also super cheesy but hope you guys like it anyways! Next chapter is Zayn’s date! Do you think Zayn’s going to beat Liam to the prize?

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share!

Thank you, Rebecca