Autumn's Concerto 10

There was a consistant noise that pounded my head and it wouldn't stop. Then it did and I was almost asleep again when it started up even louder than before. A strangled noise added to it and I realized it was me groaning. I pulled the pillow over my head and tried to melt into the bed.

"Isabella, open the damn door!"

I bolted out of my covers and dove for the door. Wrenching it open, I gasped, "Sorry, Peter."

His face was slightly red and there was an ugly frown in the middle of his forehead. "Someone's here to see you." He gruffed. "They're in the living room."

"Who?"

His mouth twisted. "Some boy."

My mind immediately jumped to conclusions, delighted that Edward was here and horrified that Peter knew. "Alright," I said quietly, "I'll be out in a minute."

Peter humphed in my face, his eyes lingering lower. The oversized t-shirt that was sliding with old age didn't cover much and I swallowed, feeling exposed. Slowly, I pulled the neckline back up and his eyes snapped to my face. "Get out here soon and get rid of the boy." He turned on his heel and stomped away, ignoring Sue's greeting to him as she came out of the bed room dressed.

I shut my door and quickly threw on a pair of jeans and button up shirt and was around the hall wall when I realized it wasn't Edward that had come to see me.

"Jacob!" But just because it wasn't Edward didn't mean I wasn't extremely pleased to see Jake.

"Hey, Bells," he greeted, opening his arms. I ran straight into them and hugged his neck, flying through the air as he spun me around.

"Jake! Put me down or I'm going to be sick!"

He set me down and considered my face. "You always say that," And then he was spinning me around again.

"And the one time you don't listen to me I'll get sick all over your back!" I screamed.

He stopped and drastically set me back on my feet. "You're such a baby." He announced.

"Oh, please. Stop flaunting you ability to fling yourself around without getting sick."

He grinned and ruffled my hair. "Is it just me, or are you getting shorter?" He stood straigher and it added a good two inches to his height.

"I believe you are the monster who won't stop growing." I rolled my eyes.

He playfully growled at me, swatting my face and missing purposely. I smacked his hand away.

"Hey, I'm here to spring you." He suddenly whispered like a conspiritor.

"What?"

"Sh! Do you want to get caught? I'm here to take you to my place. Didn't you want to see the motorcycle?"

Spending the day with Jake was what we always used to do come rain or shine, literally. But it was different now, and I didn't know if I could. "I dunno, Jake."

"Nope." He said, swiping me off my feet and over his shoulder. "You have no say in the matter."

"Ah!" I screamed, fisting his shirt to feel some sense of balance. "Jacob Black you put me down! Now!"

"Not a chance."

"I don't have clothes!" I whispered fiercly.

"You don't remember the extra spare you always kept at my house?"