Chapter 8

Chapter 8... let's see what happens, hm? Alright bai.

~~

We decided to keep our costumes on, since there would be some crime to stop for sure. Something kept bugging me, though. I don't know what it was, but it could be something.

"Where do you want to go? I don't have anywhere in particular, but you could have some ideas. After all, it was your idea." Robin took me out of my thoughts, and I thought for a moment before answering. "Gosh, where to go. Now I know this is a big city, but God, I can't think of anywhere to go. Have any ideas? I don't have any that involves us going somewhere in our hero outfits." He laughed, and sped up, momentarily getting in front of me.

"Oh, it's on!" I whispered into the built-in comm unit in our helmets.

I got in front of him, and went into the bridge. It was deserted, which was weird. It's never deserted. Usually there's always some cars, but never empty. And that's when an empty car came hurtling towards me.

Go figure.

I jumped off my bike, and let it fall to the ground. Wally could fix it for me. "Robin! You okay?" I asked him. I took my helmet off and put the comm link in, and he did the same. "Yeah, I'm fine. You?" At least he was okay. "Yeah, I'm good. Just banged up, that's all. Nothing a little Advil couldn't fix. What is the thing on the bridge? I can't see it. You?" he shook his head, somehow appearing next to me. "Duck!" He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me to the ground with him just as another car came flying toward us.

"Thanks." I rolled to the side, and jumped to my feet. The enemy seemed to be made of shadows... and he had a knife, that looked exactly like.... "Fear! Oh God, no. No no no no no!" I backed up, suddenly aware of how close he was. "Oh, yes Crystal. Miss me?"

I shook my head and backed up. "Crystal? Who's this?" Robin grabbed my arm, forcing me to stop moving away from Fear. "My, Crystal! You haven't told them about me? What a shame. And I thought you at least had the decency to try. Oh! Wait, you did. But I almost made you die. Such a shame you didn't, really. If you did, you could have been with your parents down in the Underworld." He was taunting me, and now he drew the line.

I launched myself at him, forgetting about him being so dangerous. I threw fire at him, but he deflected them. He then moved forward, using his sword against me. He slashed at my ankles, trying to make me fall. "Never. Talk. About. My. Parents. Again!" I grabbed his arm and twisted it with all my might, and heard a crack as his sword came clattering to the sidewalk. I let his hand go and kicked him in the stomach. He's going easy on me. He never does this.

He fell to the ground, clutching his arm and holding his chest. He sunk into the shadows, and I used the time to fall to my knees. Robin came up next to me and sat down, and started to rub my shoulder. "Why did he go easy on me? He never goes easy on me. Ever." I put my hands on my face, and put my head on Robin's shoulder, trying to calm myself.

He moved his hand to my back, and traced circles around with his finger. It somehow made me calm down, and he put his head on mine. I was glad for that moment. I'm not alone. Not anymore.

"Let's go home. You need some sleep." He grabbed my hand, and helped me fix my bike. After that was taken care of, we left the bridge. I checked the time on the built-in screen, and it was already 10:00. Man, we were out late. I revved the engine, and we were off.

~~

As we were on the highway, I got a call on my comm from Batman. I answered it. "Yeah?" I heard grumbling. "Hey. Where are you? There was an attack on the bridge. We don't know who it was, though. You on it?" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, we took care of that like, 5 minutes ago. Where were you?" A pause. I laughed in victory. "I was at home...in the Batcave....looking for trouble. " He was lying. I could feel it in his voice.

"Don't lie to me. Seriously. How can I trust you if you lie to me all the time? I'm patching Robin in, since you like talking to him than me." Yeah, I know. Harsh. But he brought it on himself.

I patched Robin in, and I sped up ahead of him. I ended my side of the call, letting them talk to each other in peace. I was angry, sure. About him lying to me? Yeah. I have too much drama going on in my life right now, and he decides to lie to me. Great timing, Dad.

"Hey. You okay? You seem mad." Curse these darn comm links in our helmets. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just ticked off about the fact that dad was lying to me about where he was. I could hear it in his voice. So yeah, I'm mad." Silence. I sighed and went faster, racing down deserted roads and watching buildings fly past me in a blur. "He didn't mean to...you know that. Even if he did, he probably had a good reason for it, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place. But he did tell me where he really is, and the best part is that I promised not to tell you, or he'll kill me." I glared at him, and I could almost swear he heard me grumble some un-ladylike words telling him where he could stick his attitude.

"Gee, Crystal. Stop glaring. I can practically feel it. Don't hurt your brother's feelings." I swiped my hand behind me, telling him to shut up. I smiled, though. He made me want to smile, and not think about Fear or anybody else for that matter. It's like it's only me and him in the world.

"Alright, alright you win. I'll be nice to dad until he tells me where he was. Yes, yes. That'll be a good plan. What do you think, Brother Dearest? Is it a plan worthy of thy great Robin?" I made my voice sound funny, and he laughed at the other end.

"Thy great Robin? Say that around the cave more often and I'll be leader in no time. But seriously, who is this Fear guy? An old enemy or what?" I almost stopped my bike.

"I'll tell you at home. Not now. I might explode or something again. And I do not want that happening again. Ever." He nodded, and we made our way to the iron-clad fences and huge driveway we call our home.

~~

As I was brushing my hair in my room, I had a knock at my door. I opened it, and found Dick standing in the door frame. He looked at my hair, which was like a lion's mane fight now. "Nice hair." I shrugged. "I was trying to brush it, since I forgot to put it in a ponytail before I got on my motorcycle, and when I tried to tame it, this is what it looks like. No amount of brushing could fix this." I leaned against my side of the doorframe.

He grabbed a piece of my hair, and started to run his fingers through it, with no problem at all. When he saw the face I gave him, he laughed and dropped my hair. "God, even Wally couldn't make a better face than what you just did." I rolled my eyes and walked back into my room, making my way to the desk pushed into the corner of my room. He followed me in, and sat in my favorite comfy chair. He slunk farther into it, and made himself comfortable. "Your chair is nice...where did you get it? I want one."

I walked over to him and sat on the floor, taking his shoe off and messing with his feet. "Can't remember. It was a while ago." I poked his toes, and started to move to his other foot. "What, in the name of Batman, are you doing?" He said it with fake annoyance, and I cracked a smile. "Uh, isn't it obvious? I'm playing with your feet. They're soft." To make my point, I rubbed his big toe with my finger. He laughed and yanked his foot away, sitting cross-legged in the chair instead. I made a sad face, and he pet my head like a dog.

I shook my head and went to take my gloves off, placing them in their usual spot, next to my mask. I packed it all into a drawer, and closed it with great difficulty. I came back to my spot, and looked at my ceiling. I had painted white stars and planets on the royal blue, just to make it interesting to look at. I liked to think I was stargazing. Dick laid down next to me, and we stared at the stars together. "Do you want to tell me about Fear now? You don't have to, but people told me that if you talk about things, it makes some things better, and you don't have to deal with the fact about being alone." I sat up, and moved so I was leaning up against my bed, and was facing him. I tried to think of an answer.

"I guess," I decided. "but I'll have to start from the beginning. So, pay attention. it'll take a while."

~~

*EDITED*

CLIFFHANGER! I know, I know. Hate me. But I HAD to. You'll see why in the next update. Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan if you liked my story! It makes my day! Also, if you would be so kind, could you check out my other YJ story as well? It's called A collection of Young Justice One-shots. I'm working on the next chapter, because I work on it in school and not at home. Okay, SEE YOU LATER!

~Luv