We were just fueling the lustful fire between us, but we couldn't stop. I didn't even want to. 

"Please," I begged, "Don't stop now."

I pulled his head back down to kiss him.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry," he mumbled against my lips, "I just don't want you to regret this after your cycle is over."

The ache in my abdomen intensified when he gripped my breasts gently, squeezing them so that pleasure overtook me. 

"If you don't want to do this now, stop teasing me," I snapped, gripping his fingers on my breasts. He ran his thumbs over the thin padding so that my tips hardened under his touch. 

"Look at you. So sensitive to my touch and soaking wet," he growled, his voice thick with desire.

His dark eyes took in my form beneath him and he shook his head in disappointment.

"If you weren't in your heat, this cute little thing would have been on the floor already," he said, pulling the lining of my panties and letting go so it snapped against my skin. I let out a breathless moan that broke off in the middle when his hands skimmed the inside of my thighs.

Then, he pulled away and sat up. His eyes were almost black with lust, but he managed to keep himself in control as he pulled me up and carried me to the bathroom.

"Time for a nice, cold shower, love," he said quietly, opening the shower door and stepping inside. I closed my eyes and leaned against his chest, waiting for the cold water to wash over me.  

My hair stuck to my face from the little sweat that had gathered on my forehead and my cheeks felt flushed. 

I let out a sigh when the barely warm water finally hit us and cooled down the lustful air between us.  We stayed quiet and the only noise was the sound of the fan and shower humming softly in the background.

"I really like you, Hudson," I mumbled deliriously. 

His chest rumbled with a chuckle before he kissed my hair, "I really like you too, Alexis. I really do."

***

A couple hours after our shower,  I woke up again and sighed quietly at the morning sunlight that was trying to blind me.

Thankfully, my heat cycle wasn't as bad as the last time, and it was all because Hudson was here with me. When he was near me, I didn't feel any cramps or headaches. My wolf was calm as well which made me feel even better.

I turned over slowly, making sure not to jostle his arm that was wrapped around my waist too much, and stared at his handsome face as he slept.

He looked so sweet when he was asleep, not at all like the cold exterior he had when he was awake. 

"You can't stare at me when I'm sleeping. It makes me feel self-conscious," he suddenly said, startling me. His eyes opened slowly and a small smile formed on his face, "Good morning."

I smiled and rubbed my eyes, " Good morning."

He scooted closer and pressed a soft kiss to my lips before pulling me closer into his body so we were cuddling properly.

"I had a question," I asked seriously. His eyebrows pinched together as if wondering what kind of question I had so early in the morning, but he nodded his head anyway. 

"Doesn't my morning breath bother you?"

He paused and thought about it for a moment, "I don't think I ever noticed that you had morning breath. I guess I like you so much that the thought never ran through my head. Besides, it's natural. It would be weird if you didn't have it."