IX

ch. 9

sodas pov

i jolted awake when ponyboy bursted in the room. steve was snuggled up against my chest.

"i just need clothes, calm down." he rolled his eyes.

"please don't tell anyone." he gave the "are you serious" look.

"dude, i know what's been going on. i'm not blind" he went into the bathroom, and got out this tube.

"what's that?" he took toilet paper, put some of the liquid on, and put it on his neck. it started to cover up his neck, which had a bruise on it. "concealer." then, the pieces came together.

"ooooh.... someone got a little rough with johnny last night, huh?" i smirked. he looked me dead in the eye.

"stop. tell anyone and i'll tell everyone about you and steve."

"woah! feisty little boy." he glared at me. i sunk back down into bed. i wrapped my arms around steve. he nuzzled is head into my neck. he groaned. i rested my head on his. he snored softly. ponyboy left.

i closed my eyes again. until i heard my alarm go off. i groaned, as much as i loved work, i didn't want to go. i tapped steve on the head.

"steve, get up. we gotta go to work." he gently linked his fingers with mine.

"i don't wanna..."

"me either, but remember, evie and sandy might come today." i played with his hair

we got out of bed and got our clothes out. we got dressed and went to the kitchen to eat. i made eggs for me and steve.

"how do you like yours done?"

"huh?"

"your eggs."

"scrambled." classic...

i put grabs jelly on mine. we shoved the food into our mouths, and headed out to the car.