XII

ch. 12

sodas pov

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING COMING UP⚠️

one of my favorite things is cuddling.

one of my favorite people is steve.

you can guess how happy i am.

we ended up falling asleep. i suddenly woke up when there was knocking on the door. i rolled onto the side of the bed, to make it look like me and steve weren't cuddling. the knocking started again.

"who is it?"

"darry, is steve in there?" oh no.... what's happening? i leaned over to steve

"steve, wake up." he groaned

"whaaaattt...." i could tell he wanted to sleep.

"darry's asking for you." he got out of bed and opened the door. there was darry, standing with his arms crossed.

"your dad called, he wants you back home." he groaned again

"i....i don't want to."

"cmon steve, he's your dad." he sighed

"fine, but i don't wanna stay." i had a bad feeling about him leaving. i got up.

"i'm going with him." i crossed my arms. steve blushed.

"why?" darry was suspicious

"incase something bad happens, i can't look out for my best friend?" i huffed

"...alright, but be careful." we opened the door and left. we got in steve's car and drove to his house.

"you can come in, i'm not staying anyway." i followed him to the front door. he opened the door, and there was his dad and evie. oh no....

"what do you want?" he crossed his arms

"evie came over, told me you broke up with her. what the fuck?" he stood up out of his chair.

"oh my god! grow up! if i don't want to date her, why should i? i was unhappy dating her. i hate being in relationships! they're stupid! the other person in the relationship needs all of the attention! i dont want be in a relationship!" my heart broke. he doesn't want to be in a relationship, that's ok. i can wait, if he isn't ready, i can wait. i can wait. i can wait. i can wait. i can wait

i cant wait.

⚠️T.W.⚠️

i stormed out of the house. i ran to our street. i went straight to my room and locked the door. i cried. i cried. i cried. i unlocked the door and ran to the bathroom. the whole gang but steve was there, watching mickey. they all stared at me. i locked the door and rummaged through the drawers until i found razor blades. i sat in the corner and put the blade to my wrist and slid across. i shrieked in pain. i did it a few more times. i heard footsteps come to the door. then someone knocked.

⚠️T.W. OVER⚠️

"soda, i know you're in there. i know you're hurting yourself, please come out." it was pony. i stayed silent.

"please." he whispered "please soda, hurting yourself will make it worse." he sounded like he was crying. i heard the door close then "hey guys, what's going on?"

it was steve.

"sodas in there, he's hurting himself. he won't come out."

"soda, please come out. i know you don't want to, but please. do it for me." steve begged. i wanted him to come in, to comfort me. for his smell to overcome me. for his gentle voice to soothe me. i wanted to fall in love with him all over again.

"only steve can come in." i unlocked the door and steve slipped in. he closed the door behind him. he gently grabbed my wrist and examined it. he got out the first aid kit, and treated my cuts. he bandaged them, and hugged me tightly.

"tell me what's wrong. i want to make you better, to make sure you don't hurt yourself." i sighed

"it was when you said you don't want to be in a relationship... i told myself i could wait. i cant, i cant wait. i thought that you didn't love me, so i ran home."

"what the hell are you talking about? of course i love you." that made me sob harder. i'm being dramatic. in fact, i don't know why he does love me. i have to admit that do have good looks but, what about my personality? i have none, no hobbies, no interests. i'm boring. i'm a boring dropout that has no future.

me and steve just layed on the floor hugging each other.

"steve, i love you. thank you."

"i love you too, i'd do anything for you." i felt so stupid. i made steve feel bad. we laid there for a while, my head resting on his chest.

"how about we go eat? i heard darry's makin steak." he looked thoughtfully into my eyes.

"sure." we got up and went to the kitchen, darry was there, making steak. he looked at me, and went back to cooking.

"how are you doing sode?"

"fine." pony came through the door way, signaling us to look at something in the living room. two bit and dally were passed out, snuggling. they haven't even confirmed that they're dating, or even gay. but what's the point? you shouldn't have to clarify if you're gay or not. we sat down in the dining room to eat. no one talked during dinner, we all just kept to ourselves and ate. me and steve cleaned up after ourselves. we went to my room. we laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"steve?"

"yeah?"

"w-what are we?" he sighed

"i don't know, man" his voice broke "i like you, hell, i love you, soda. i just, i don't know. its hard." i looked at him, his eyes were glassy. i rolled over, and laid on top of him. i looked him in his eyes, i could get lost in them. they were like a galaxy. they were full of wonder, they have a life set out. there were things they haven't discovered. i smashed my lips against his, i couldn't help myself. it all happened so fast.