XX

sodas pov

i woke up and steve was awake. "good morning stevie." steve looked at me and grinned. "morning babe."

there was a thud, then some loud yelling. we could tell it was dallas, he had the loudest and strongest voice. he was yelling at someone.

me and steve sat up and walked downstairs. dallas had pony pinned against the wall, screaming in his face. "what the fuck is wrong with you?! damnit ponyboy!"

i ran over to them and steve pulled dallas off of him. i stood in front of pony so dallas couldn't hurt him. "dallas what the hell?! leave him alone!"

dallas clenched his fists and teeth. "pony slapped johnny!"

we look at pony. did he? but he wouldn't... right? pony swallowed hard. "u-uh..."

my eyes widened. "holy shit. you did!" dallas grunted. "that's what i said!" steve smacked his arm. "dallas tucker shut your damn mouth. just tell us what happened." dallas hated his name, so he just glared at steve while telling the story.

apparently, johnny cheated on pony with dally, who cheated on two-bit. pony found out, and in a fit of rage, slapped johnny. johnny then ram to dallas. dallas was johnny's protector. dallas came here and yelled at pony and the rest is history.

me and steve didnt know what to say. we could never bear to think about cheating on each other.

i sighed and walked over to dallas. "why would you cheat on him?"

dallas scowled. "he never has time for me. always getting drunk and playing poker! i didnt know what to do!"

pony looked down. i was unsure if he felt bad or if he was hiding his anger.

there was a soft knock on the door, then johnny walked in. there was a forming bruise on his face. johnny looked at pony, then dally. he kepr his head down and leaned against the wall.

dallas lit a cigarette and handed it to johnny, then lit one for himself. pony looked at johnny with a tint of hurt in his eyes.

johnnys hand was shaking ever so slightly. i looked at steve and sighed. "you guys figure out your problems. without violence." me and steve walked into the kitchen.