XIII

ch. 13

sodas pov

i felt fireworks as i kissed him. our tongues battled for dominance. his tongue won, and explored my mouth. i ran my hands through his hair. even though being gay was wrong, this felt right. we layed on the bed, kissing, for what felt like forever. then we heard the door open, and we separated and looked to see who it is. my heart stopped. it was darry.

"what the hell!?" he looked pissed. i rolled off of steve and gulped. steve was terrified. no one said anything.

i could hear darry breathing heavy. like he was gonna beat steve and i's asses.

*⚠️SLUR⚠️*

"get out! get out of my house you fag!" steve got up and grabbed his stuff. he ran out of the house. my eyes started tearing up. i blinked away the tears, trying my best to be strong. darry turned and glared at me.

"listen to me, you are not gay. this is all just a phase. you're just a FAG! you should be ashamed." he gritted through his teeth. i knew that wasn't true. i knew it wasn't a phase. if it was a phase, then how come i feel fireworks when i kiss steve? how come after we separate, i want more? i got up, and grabbed a bag and stuffed it full of my things.

"where the hell do you think you're going?" i stared at him.

"i'm outta here, if you can't accept me being gay, then i'm out." he huffed. i went out to see pony. he was watching tv with two bit and dally.

"listen soda, you don't gotta do this!" darry approached me. i spun around

"i'll do whatever the hell i want to!" i turned back around to face pony.

"see ya pone, i'm heading out."

"where ya goin?"

"lord knows where. i cant take it here anymore. i need a break."

"sode.... don't leave. we can help! trust us, we want you to be happy!" i gave him a hug.

"i know, i know you do. but this what i want to do. i'll see you all in a while." pony and darry sighed.

"soda, meet me in the kitchen." two bit spoke up. i nervously shuffled behind him. he leaned on the counter.

"tell me what's going on." he crossed his arms. i sighed.

"you know how you drink to relieve your stress? i guess i need something like that. i don't know what it is just yet, but i need it. i need something that can make me relaxed when i'm in the hardest time of my life. like how you eat cake, and drink. i need that... also how when you fall asleep, dally makes sure you're not disturbed. it shows he cares about you." his face turned red.

"h-he does?" he whisper-shouted.

"yeah, he really does care about you. it feels like how no one cares about me the way dally cares about you." i wiped my eyes. "sorry for being such a mess."

"it's ok, but you do know we all care about you. darry just doesn't accept gays, so what? don't let him drag you down from being who you are. hell, the entire gang is gay for each other. darry thinks you are the odd one out. when in reality, he is. he's the only straight one." we chuckled.

"y'know, soda. i think i know what your stress reliever is." he slightly nodded.

"you do? what is it?"

"steve." i blushed.

"b-but darry. h-he." he interrupted me.

"remember, don't let that one person drag you down." he started laughing. he couldn't stop for some reason. he started quacking slowly.