XI

ch. 11

sodas pov

we finished our shift, no swarm of girls this time.

we got back in steve's car and drove somewhere i didn't recognize.

"where are we going?"

"evies, i have business to take care of."

"i-uh.. ok" i knew what was coming. i had an excuse, but steve didn't. maybe? i don't know... he rushed to the door. i could see the door open, and he stepped inside. i started fiddling with my thumbs. i looked at my watch, it's been over 10 minutes. another few minutes passed by, before i saw steve coming out of the house. he jogged to the car, with tears streaming down his face. he jumped in the car and gripped his hands on the steering wheel. his knuckles turned white. i studied his face.

"are you ok?" i spoke softly. he didn't say anything. he started up the car, and we drove back to my house. we entered the front door, and went straight to my room. we sat down on the bed. i gently grabbed his hands.

"steve, tell me what happened."

"well, when i knocked, evie answered the door. we went into the living room and i told her that i wanted to break up with her. then, her dad came in and yelled at me. evie broke down and ran up to her room. then her dad got up in my face and screamed why i broke up with her. i started crying because i just wanted to die."

i tackled him into a hug, and we layed on the bed, me on top of him.