IV

ch. 4

sodas pov

after me and steve got dressed, we walked down the road to steve's house. and we hopped in his car. he parked the car and looked at me.

"dude, you look exhausted."

"i'm fine. i'll sleep after work." i yawned as i said that. he just looked at me and sighed.

"let's go, we're gonna be late." he opened the door and stepped out.

it wasn't long before the swarm of girls came in. they all asked for my number. no one asked for steve's. poor guy, he just sits there looking out the window. i snapped my fingers in front of him. he blinked and looked surprised.

"what?" he rested his head on his hand.

"i wanna talk to you real quick." i got up and motioned for him to come into the break room. he obeyed and crossed his arms. he leaned against the wall as i closed the door.

"what's wrong."

"i just can't handle the girls, they always cried around me. i have panic attacks. and i see you looking out the window and it makes me want to cry. you don't get enough attention. it hurts my heart." everything i said was true.

"i don't even care. i don't care. i tell myself that everyday. people just don't think i'm attractive. i don't know what it is. when i see you getting all the attention. i push it away. i try not to get upset. but it hurts me knowing that evie probably is only dating me for the sake of having someone." he shrugged.

"steve.. you're really attractive. i want to let you know that i'm here for you." he pulled me into a tight hug. we just stood there, hugging. it felt nice. like when you walk into your grandmas house, and it smells amazing. or when you hug your mom, and she smells warm and cozy. that's what hugging steve is like.

"i love you." he whispered, and he tensed up.

"i love you too." then everything came to me. that's why he was acting weird.

i pulled away, and he hid face in his hands. i moves his hands away and kissed him on the cheek.

"we better get back to work..." i turned pink

"yeah... our boss will kill us." he chuckled. we walked back to the counter, luckily the hoard of girls had left.

-time skip-

it was the end of the day. we had locked up. me and steve headed to his car. we got in and drove to his house.

"what are we doing?"

"i'm grabbing clothes n shit to stay at your house. do you mind?"

"no, not at all." he got out of the car and went up to the front door. he unlocked it, i could hear his dad yelling before steve closed the door. a few minutes went by until steve came running out of the house with a bag with a pissed expression on his face. he jumped in the car and threw his bag in the back. he started up the car, and i saw his dad open the door and come running after us. steve sped away, without even getting buckled.

"jesus!" he made a sharp turn. i hit my head. "steve slow down!" he slowed down.

"sorry.." he muttered under his breath. we stopped in front of our- my house.

the fuck happened back there?