His last Goodbye

"Move!"

People rushed and pushed one another to get out of the way in time as Anna went flying through the streets on Arod. Part of her knew she wouldn't make it in time, she wouldn't be able to stop the inevitable, but she had to try.

Anna gripped the reins tighter, she had been right. The Starks were not ment to come to the south. It was not a part of them, no matter how hard her father and herself tried, they did not belong.

Finally reaching the outskirts of the city, Anna let Arod run at his full pace. She was sure there were short cuts to the brothel, but she did not know the city well enough to know them. What had her mother been thinking? Thoughts flew through her mind too fast for her to truly comprehend.

She turned into a side alley and slowed slightly, not wanting to burst into the situation fully. As she rounded the corner, her eyes widened. Jamie and his men stood in a full circle around her father and his men, cornering them like a pack of lions.

"What is the meaning of this Lannister?" Littlefinger asked walking quickly from the door of his brothel.

"Get back inside, where its safe." Jamie retorted sharply before turning back to Eddard, "I'm looking for my brother. You remember my brother don't you, Lord Stark? Blonde hair, sharp tongue... short man."

"I remember him well." Eddard replied, showing no emotion.

Anna climbed off Arod and crept forward, not wanting to be seen until necessary.

"Seems he had some trouble on the road," Jamie continued looking skeptic, "You wouldn't know what happened to him, would you?"

"He was taken at my command" Eddard said slowly, "to answer for his crimes."

Jamie's face changed in an instant, a shadowed thunder appearing in his eyes. Unsheathing his sword her glared at Eddard, fully ready for a fight.

His men followed suit and Anna moved. Running as quickly as she could she found herself between her father and her husband. Jamie looked bewildered for a moment before his face turned hard. Keeping her back to her father, she stared Jamie down.

"I thought I told you to stay in the castle." Jamie said stiffly, clearly annoyed that she had disobeyed him and embarrassed him in front of his men.

"And I told you I don't listen to people I do not trust." Anna retorted.

Jamie stepped forward and raised his sword slightly.

"Careful little wife, I'd hate to think you were involved with is."

Eddard stepped forward and pushed Anna behind him. Anna stumbled and glared at her father.

"She had nothing to do with it." Eddard growled, suddenly defensive.

"I'll get the city watch." Littlefinger suddenly said loudly before turning away.

Despite the situation, Anna rolled her eyes. He was such a coward.

"Come Stark... I'd rather you die sword in hand." Jamie said with a dangerous smirk plastered on his face.

"If you threaten My Lord again-" Jorey began, stepping forward.

"Threaten? As in I will open your Lord from balls to brains and see what Starks are made of." Jamie declared, sounding like he wished for nothing more.

"You kill me, your brothers a dead man." Eddard said, sticking his hand out and pushing Anna further behind him.

A smile flashed across Jamie's face before he nodded, looking like he'd rather be doing anything else than agreeing to eddard's words.