Tyrion Lannister

It was the kind of day even a feather would fall without drifting one way or the other.

 The grass was straight and silent, the leaves dangled more as if they had been painted there. The forests stood ghost-like, the silent observer of the snowy mountains, the river and the clouds that lay in the distance. The only thing bigger than range of granite peaks was the morning sky, dotted with wisps of white and as vast as any eye could wander.

It unnerved Annaliese.

 To her it felt like the calm before the storm. She had woken early, as she always did and decided to wander the keep. Normally she would have gone riding, but she did not wish to anger her mother. She wanted her last few days in Winterfell to be happy ones.

Despite Jamie Lannister, she had enjoyed the feast the previous night. 

After putting Rickon to sleep she had danced with her Uncle, her father and even once with Robb, who had been surprisingly pleasant after his encounter with Jamie.

 Jamie had been watching her from his seat next to his sister, both of them talking quietly to themselves. The Queen had surprised Annaliese when she said she wished to spend the morning with her. She had graciously accepted the offer, the Queen telling her a servant would call for her when she was ready.

She had walked onto the battlements a while ago, only spotting a few people here and there. For most, including herself, it had been a late night. But she could never sleep for long. Ice nudged her leg and she knelt down, stroking his fur gently.

"When I leave, you'll have to go with Jon." She whispered.

Ice whined, as if he knew what his mistress was telling him.

"I know. I'm sorry." She said pulling him into a hug," But I don't think it's safe for you to come to King's landing... You'll protect Jon for me?"

Ice yapped and Annaliese laughed. Ice would protect Jon – He and Ghost would make sure no harm came to her younger brother, and for that she was grateful.

"My Lady?"

She stood and turned to see Tyrion Lannister standing behind her, a surprised expression on his face. He only came up her waist and yet he held himself with pride. She knew from stories that he was incredibly witty, amongst other things. She smiled.

"Hello little lion." She said deviously.

Tyrion gave her a grin.

"You know, you're a lot more fun than Jamie gives you credit for." Tyrion replied, walking forward and sliding down the wall to sit. Annaliese gave him a funny look.

"How could you say that My Lord when you don't know me?" She asked, moving to sit beside him, her back against the pale backdrop of her homeland.

"You sat down." He said pointedly.

Annaliese rolled her eyes and stroked Ice, who lay beside her, his eyes watching the courtyard.

"I hear you've been telling stories about me." Annaliese said with a cutting smile, facing Tyrion. She met his black and blue eyes, watching as he gave her a reproachful look.

"I was merely discussing some facts." He said with a grin.

"Oh forgive me My Lord. I didn't realise." She mocked with a saddened look.

Tyrion laughed and took a bite out of some bread he'd been hiding up his sleeve. Annaliese frowned and he shrugged. She shook her head, she should have known better than to expect an answer.

"I think Jamie is concerned about whether you'll ever tell him about yourself." He said suddenly serious. If Annaliese was surprised, she didn't show it.