A kiss and a Fall

Her face was the definition of beauty, with her cherry lips and rosy cheeks, she was the beauty of all Westeros. Her golden hair draped down softly curling along the ends, sitting perfectly over her shoulders

Next to her, Annaliese felt very out of place and submissive. 

She never thought someone could make her feel this way and yet the Queen was managing it exceptionally well. 

They were sitting in what had been turned into the Royal quarters having a late breakfast together. Annaliese was rather glad that neither the Lannister children, Tyrion or Jamie were sitting with them, she wasn't sure could handle that.

"I'm sure you've heard that you are to marry my brother?" The Queen said quite suddenly, her voice quiet, her green eyes watchful. 

Annaliese wanted to shrink from them – If she thought Jamie's were cold, Cersei's were ice. Hers were dark, like a forest at sunset; the green of the leaves clinging to the very last bits of light they could. 

But she would not shrink: She had to find a way to make the Queen trust her, only then would she be safe in the South.

"My mother informed me your Grace." Annaliese replied, trying to be as humble as possible.

The Queen smirked.

"You may call me Cerise, Annaliese." She said, refilling her glass of wine.

Annaliese tried not to wince as she reached over to refill hers. She hated wine, especially in the morning.

"Thank you... Cersie. As a member of my family, you may call me Rose" Annaliese said, taking a sip of wine without showing her disgust.

The Queen surveyed her but gave a slight nod of her head. Annaliese felt something rise inside her – maybe she could do this. Maybe she could play the Queen.

"I thank you...He's an interesting person my brother. I suspect he'll take to you like wildfire." She said, picking at the food that sat before her, "What do you think of him Rose?"

Annaliese swallowed her true feelings and quickly wrote a concoction of lies.

"He is an honourable man. He is generous and takes great care when it comes to his pride. Jamie Lannister is a good man, I am honoured by the proposal." She replied slowly, hoping it had been enough.

Cersie smiled at her.

"Look at you, The Rose in the North secretly fawning over the KingSlayer. How... adorable." She said rather darkly. Annaliese could tell that Cersie thought it anything but adorable. 

She sat up straighter as the Queen moved closer.

"You're eyes are startling to look at. I cannot imagine Jamie ever getting used to the coldness in them." She muttered, thought Annaliese knew she wanted her to hear it. 

In this room, Cersie had the upper hand and Annaliese wanted her to keep it. Annaliese had soon realised that the more power the Queen felt she had, the safer she would be.

"Listen well to me young Rose. You will do as my brother tells you. I don't care if you're sharp tongue wants to disagree. You will let him take you as he wants and you will do so without complaint. I will not have my brother's wife a disgrace to the Lannister name. Am I clear?"

Annaliese bit her lip, not liking the Queen's sudden change in demeanour.

"Yes Cersie." She said quietly.

Jamie didn't seem to mind her sharpness; she'd have to control it when the Queen was within hearing distance.

"Speak your mind Annaliese. What troubles you?" She said quietly