The Husband, The Lord and The Father

Anna sat on her balcony in the pale morning sun, staring down at the city that was barely awake. It was rare that everything was so quiet, she lived for those moments. 

A groan sounded behind her and she turned to see Jamie moving in his sleep, his left hand clutching the sheets where she had been laying a while ago. She bit her lip and turned back to the city.

They had not left the room in two days: and even then they only left the bed when they were hungry. It was... different. He was so gentle, something she truly had not been expecting. Anna was sure there was no part of her body he had not touched. But she still found it hard to  truly trust him.

She had been worried, desperately worried that memories of old would resurface. About a shadowed boy looming over her, tying her hands to the bedposts and-

No. Never again.

Jamie was not him, he'd never hurt her like that.

"I hope that look is not because of me."

His voice made her jump. She turned to see Jamie sitting up in their bed, the sheet around his waist. He was watching her carefully, still unsure of how to handle her when she fell inside her own mind. She looked so sad that it made him feel guilty even though he had no idea if it was because of him.

"Of course its not." She replied, far softer than she had intend. But she ment every word.

"Now, now wife. Its to early in the morning to be thinking so hard." Jamie mocked, beckoning her back to bed.

She sighed and gave one last fleeting glance out across the city before pulling her nightgown tighter as she stood, making her way over to him. Upon reaching the bed, Jamie pulled her into his arms, lying back down so she was on top of him. Her hands traced patterns over his chest as the two stared at one another, Jamie smiling when the wind moved her red curls.

"Will you tell me what is troubling you, wife?" He asked quietly.

She gave him a ghost of a smile.

"Maybe someday husband." Came the reply.

He frowned slightly but said no more on the matter, not wishing to ruin what they had slowly been building together.

"Am I allowed to leave the room today?" She asked lightly, a smirk on her face, as if ignoring the previous conversation.

Jamie mirrored her smirk.

"Well we might have to considering I have a tourney to start winning." He said arrogantly.

Anna rolled her eyes. Why was she beginning to fall for his irritating and arrogant personality? She had forgotten about the tourney to celebrate the new hand and their wedding day. It would be nice to spend sometime with her sisters again.

"Lady Annaliese Lannister, Rose, might I have your favour?" Jamie asked, knowing he had no real reason to ask. She'd give it to him willingly.

Anna hummed and decided to play with the lion.

"What if I have given it to another?" She whispered tauntingly.

Jamie's grip on her waist tightened, locking her into her position on top of him.

"Who could possibly earn your favour other than me?" Jamie asked, interested to see what game she was playing. Because it was a game, it had to be...

"I've heard Ser Loras is a well trained and a beautiful man." Anna replied, doing her best to look wistful.

She froze when Jamie used both hands to grab her head and kiss her. He filled her senses, kissing her passionately and fiercely until all she could see was stars. When he finally pulled back, she gasped for air and closed her eyes, trying to remember what they had been talking about.