The Lannisters

"You'll be pleased to know final arrangements for tomorrow are being made as we speak."

Annaliese smiled at Cerise.

"I thank you for over seeing them, you have done a much better job than I ever could." she replied, watching as the queen's smile grow at the compliment. Her eyes shone with amusement, though Anna knew she was proud at what she had done in just a week.

"It gave me something to do... the courts are so dull." She said bluntly lounging back into her chair.

Anna nodded once. The King had requested for Jamie so Cerise had graciously told her to come and spend the day with her. Anna didn't mind too much, her sisters were still fighting, her father was getting more and more pressure piled onto him... thinking of that.

"Please let me apologize for what happened with my sisters on the road," Anna said quietly, trying not to flinch under the Queen's sudden intense gaze, "They have always been wild and it frustrates me to no end."

Cerise waved her hand dismissively.

"You see the fault in them. You had the sense to leave your wolf in Winterfell," Cerise said sounding amused, "I am glad you are nothing like them."

Anna felt a stab of anger at her words but managed to smile.

"As am I. It will be nice to be part of a far more respected family." She said, shifting in her chair hating the lies that poured almost automatically from her mouth.

Cerise nodded at her words.

"You will make a good Lannister." she said looking away from Anna, her gaze traveling to the window, "I need a sister to help me survive in this place."

Anna smirked.

"I'm glad I can be of assistance."

A knock sounded at the door and both women sat upright.

"Come in." The queen said, smiling when she saw her son walk through the door. Joffery stopped when he saw Annaliese.

"I can come back later." He said.

Cerise shook her head an laughed.

"Of course not Joff. Remember that Annaliese is your aunt, she is one of us. Nothing like the other wild animals."

Anna hated her words but felt pleased that Cerise trusted her facade enough to say them. Joffery visibly relaxed and bowed his head to Anna.

"Forgive me aunt." He said, not quite meeting her eye.

Anna smiled at him softly.

"There is nothing to forgive sweet boy." She replied gently.

He grinned at her then, before coming to sit down at the table beside his mother. Pulling up his sleeve, her let his mother tend to his wound from the Direwolf. As she placed a salve on his arm he flinched.

"Ouch." He hissed.

Cerise rolled her eyes.

"Please its nearly healed." She said sounding annoyed.

"Its ugly." He said looking at it with disgust.

"A king should have scars," his mother replied, bandaging his arm slowly, "You're a warrior, like your father."

"I'm not like him, I didn't fight off anything. It bit me and all I did was scream." He muttered looking ashamed as Cerise gazed at his face. She paused for a moment before going back to his arm. With a quick glance at Anna, he continued.