PT19 : SECRET REVEAL

Start from the beginning

My heart, dropped... For some reason I was jumping to conclusions, I was shaken for the worst, but my sanity told me he was intelligent enough to look through my files.

"That's none of your business."

Namjoon took a strangled sigh as if defeated, but nonetheless speaking up again, maybe on his last chance, he knew I wasn't up for the subject nor the conversation at hand.

"Her name was...Grace, wasn't it?"

I felt like I had been hit, by something like a truck.

The name, hadn't been said or spoken in a long decade, the only time I ever heard the name was the dreams I had...correction nightmares, but that didn't change the feeling in my heart, and the flush I felt.

"I think you need to leave Namjoon..."

"I— I'm sorry La–"

"How do you know about her?!" I barked, my heart hammered in my chest as I tried to stand in my position. Namjoon had forthwith and gently pushed me back onto the bed.

Towering upwards and over me he stood from the chair.

"Guess. She wasn't on your file."

"G-guess? What do you mean guess?" Mentally frustrated, I pushed my feeling towards Namjoon with my spiteful words.

There was a sudden silence, the feeling in my heart hadn't decreased at all, I felt like I wa son my last breath, my head was light and thinking of anything to match up. How he knew her?

Namjoon smiled weakly.

Sighing, he stepped backwards.

I now didn't have to cock my head upwards so high.

"Your sister and I...were very close before she disappeared, maybe around a decade from now."

A sharp breath left my lips, my heart hammered abnormally in my chest, and I felt like I needed to puke.

"From enough intel, I can justify you're siblings and that you're the girl she always
talked about, you guys both share those gorgeous pup eyes and small freckles, I adored them..."

"Wh—?"

"Grace...Every Sunday, before she went missing she'd come over and talk about her never lasting problems. She once made me promise actually... To look after you if ever something happened. I can actually remember that day clearly."

Namjoon looked to be deep in thought. As not only him but I was also in that state, I had finally realised Kim Namjoon was the boy Grace always went to, always disappeared to find, always adored.

" 'She can be a trouble to open up to, but I know it's for good intentions.' She had said, that was probably the few words I remember, and I really can't disagree with them." Namjoon chuckled, definitely lightening the overcast room into something a lot softer.

"Namjoon... Are you lying to me?"

"Why would I Lark?"

"Because..."

"Because you have no objections." Namjoon cut, he smiled weakly moving his head to the side in a light manner. "Lark, I just want you to know that I will be here for you."