C h a p t e r 8 ~ Oblivious

C H A P T E R   8

      "Where's Seung Hyun?" were the first words that came from Jiyong's mouth as he exited his room during the morning. It was around eight in the morning, but Jiyong was fully awake.

       It had been almost three weeks since the incident between Jiyong and Seung Hyun being handcuffed. As much as Jiyong missed being that close to the older, he had been relieved when TaeYang got those stupid cuffs off. After that day, Seung Hyun had seemed a lot more distant. Mostly in his own thoughts, as usual. As Jiyong entered the living room from the hallway, his eyes immediately scanned the messy living room for the dark-haired male, to no avail. He scoffed under his breath, a bit annoyed.

        Daesung looked up from where he was sitting, cross-legged, on the couch, to answer. "He and the maknae went out to go get some stuff for the dorm," he said "Although, I think Seung Hyun-hyung may be going on a date with Leila afterwards."

         Jiyong smiled at the brunette in thanks, but felt annoyance stab at his insides. Damn. Of course, it was normal for Jiyong to be feeling jealous about Leila and Seung Hyun but there was just something that Jiyong did not like about her. He had only met the girl once, for only a couple minutes, and there was just something snake-like about her that he didn't find very attractive. Seung Hyun apparently didn't notice. Jiyong never voiced his thoughts about Leila, and kept them to himself. He hoped the feeling was just his crush on Seung Hyun acting out.

        "I'm going to be heading over to the mall to go shopping for some new clothes," TaeYang started, "if you want to come with me, Jiyong."

       Jiyong saw no point in sitting at home with nothing to do. They didn't have any schedules until later that evening, so Jiyong decided it was better to go with it. "Sure, YoungBae. I'll go."

        "Cool. Daesung, don't you have schedules earlier today than us?" TaeYang asked, his eyes on Daesung.

        Daesung rolled his head back against the couch, a groan rolling past his lips. "Unfortunately, yes. I have to work on my album."

        TaeYang smiled kindly, and leaned over to ruffle the other man's hair. "Aw, Sung you need a break sometimes. Maybe I should take you out on one of your less occupied days."

        Yeah, out on a date, thought Jiyong with a small smile. Those two just seemed so close... if there was something between them, he would approve of it. TaeYang was very kind, and seemed to always perk Daesung up when he was feeling insecure.

       "Thanks, YoungBae." Daesung smiled at TaeYang, a little shyness showing in his eyes that peered out from his bangs.

        "So, are you guys hungry? I might as well make breakfast before you leave for the studio, Daesung." Honestly, Jiyong wanted to leave Daesung and TaeYang alone. And his stomach was growling at him, so he supposed that was a more legit reason.

       "Oh, thank you, Jiyong," Daesung said. "But you don't have to. I'm leaving now. I suggest you and TaeYang should go, too, if you're heading to the clothes store."

        "Alright, Sung. I think you're right," Jiyong chuckled. "YoungBae, do you want to leave now?"

        TaeYang nodded, a smile curving at his lips. "Yeah, we should go. Jiyong, I'm gonna walk Daesung out. Meet me at the car."

         Jiyong dipped his head to show he'd heard, before starting out the dorm towards the elevator. On the way down, he felt a jab of jealousy prick at him. God, he wished that he could somehow be like that with Seung Hyun. He was sure that Daesung and TaeYang weren't dating yet, but still. All Jiyong wanted was to confess to Seung Hyun, somehow, but it seemed that it was never going to happen. When the doors slid open, Jiyong hurried out of the building and towards the car that he guessed they would be taking to the store.