The Girl with Green Eyes

I would love it if you would vote...it only takes a few seconds:)...if you need any help its over here:)

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~*Girlygirl101*~

~*Chapter 1*~  

I heard the squeal of tires and jerked awake in the back seat of the van. The sound caused a flood of memories to wash over me. The squeal of tires, the glass shattering on the asphalt, Mom, Dad, and Angelina. I clenched my temples with my hands, trying to stop the flood.

The memories left as quickly as they had come. I glanced around the van to see if anyone had noticed. Apparently not; they were all standing outside the van looking towards the new place. I climbed out of the van.

"Welcome to the new house."

I heard the words and they registered with my brain for a second, then glancing up at the house, my thoughts flashed to: this is where I'm going to live?

The bright, white house loomed before me, dark and foreboding. Not a good way to describe a place where I would want to live.

I mean, if it didn't seem so scary, it would be an awesome place to live. It was huge. Mansion huge. Movie star mansion huge.

I was vaguely aware of the rest of the family running inside to pick out their rooms.

I began to realize that I was staring at the house when my foster father, David, walked up beside me and said softly, "You better go pick out a room before all the bigger ones are gone."

He knew I had always wanted a bigger room than my small, cramped room at their, our, old house. It didn't seem any larger than a small walk-in closet with the full size bed in it.

I began my way up the front steps. I reached the top of the porch and went to the door, stood there for a moment, opened the door and went in.

I was greeted with a huge staircase winding its way up to a hallway, but I didn't go up. Yet.

There was a shoe closet off to my left and a couple of other closed doors. Off to my right looked like a dining area leading to another room that I assume is the kitchen.

"Hey, new sister," a voice called from the top of the stairs.

I looked up. This foster sibling looked about sixteen or seventeen, so he was around my age. I hadn't really spent any time with my foster siblings, so I wasn't really surprised that this one didn't know my name.

"What?" I asked.

"There's only one room left and I'm supposed to show it to you." He acted as if he would rather do anything but that.

I didn't say anything as I climbed the stairs and after I reached the top, he spun around and headed down the hallway, all the way to the end. He opened the door to reveal another staircase.

"You're room is at the top," was all he said, and then he walked away.

I bit back a snide remark at his attitude, then I began to climb the stairs. I reached the top and looked around. Oh, well.

I was in a tower. It was big, like what I wanted, but it was a tower. I had a thing against towers. Most princesses did too. I mean, Fiona was locked in a tower with a dragon to guard her. Rapunzel was locked in a tower with no stairs or a door, only a window. I know that there are more, but none are as popular as those two. Now maybe I'll know what they felt like. Great, just what every girl dreams about. Being a princess.

After everybody grabbed their things from the moving truck, everybody went inside for dinner. Boxes from the move were everywhere. I swear I tripped over the same box, sitting at the bottom of the stairs while I was taking the boxes with my name on them to my room, seven times before I bothered to move it.