CH 3: Surprise

CHAPTER THREE

~ Kiondra ~

Pressed up against Kevin in a passionate lip-lock, both of our eyes snap open and we look at each other uncomfortably. After a few seconds, I break the silence.

"What was that all about?" I question him.

Does he have feelings for me? His lips were delicious, don't get me wrong, but I just don't feel that way about him. Now this evening's going to be awkward!

"I wanted to see if there was a spark between us before I pursue someone else." The hell does that mean?! If he wants to pursue someone else just do it!

Sensing my apparent frustration, he elaborates.

"I've been interested in someone else for quite some time but I had to make sure that I wasn't letting you get away if there was something happening between us." So he wanted a 'just to be sure' thing. Eh, whatever. Pretty sure that means we're into the clear. Isis will have a fit though!

"Neither of us felt a spark so I can tell you who I want." Uh yeah. You could've told me earlier!

Motioning for him to continue he finally says something.

"I love Isis..." Well damn! That saved me a lot of awkwardness. Plus Isis has been crushing on him for so long anyway. No drama for me! Hehe.

I smile at him, eager to call Isis.

"Kev, I'm gonna call her and she can come over. You two eat and I'll go home and crash alright?"

"You sure that you don't wanna eat?" No dummy, I want you and my bestfriend to get together! I nod my head at him and send Isis a quick text. She instantly replies and I bid farewell and go home.

By the time I get home Isis is on her way to Kevin's and I'm exhausted. I fall into a deep slumber and want this whole week to be over.

============================

~ Branson ~

The past couple of days have gone by smoothly mainly because I haven't seen Kiondra much. She's been out running around and I've been here looking sexy as fuck and getting any woman I want. Like Branson Miller always does.

My teammate Kevin came in one day talking about his new girlfriend Isis and what not. I thought he wanted to get with Kiondra? Well serves the fat bitch right!

But today is Friday- the date is tonight. It irritates me not being able to know who I'm going to spend time with. I still have my eyes on Kelly though. Dumb as a rock, but skinny and blonde is right up my alley.

Tamara tells me to go home early and get ready for my date at Rizzoli's. My date will meet me there. But I could've sworn I saw her trying to keep from laughing.

"Tam do you know something I don't?" Her eyebrows furrow and her expression immediately becomes serious.

"Nope, I'm just talking to a sexy piece of man-chocolate right now" she holds up her iPhone, "You know I love African men!"

For a forty-something white lady, she sure as hell does her thing. But it's still gross nonetheless.

Grimacing, I say goodbye and head out the door only to pass Kiondra on my way out.

"Fat bitch" I growl at her.

"Herpe-having pencil dick talentless cocksucker!" She replies with the biggest smile on her face. She always has the best comebacks. I hate her!

"Buh-bye Mr. Miller" she says in a convincingly sincere voice except for the humor in her eyes. I just walk out and ignore her as her boisterous laugh echoes.

I meet with my stylist and she cuts my hair and dresses me in a navy blue Armani suit with plum pinstripes and black dress shoes. I look dressed to kill! Whoever my date is won't be able to resist me! Not like I've ever had that problem though.

As I drive towards Rizzoli's in my cranberry red Porsche. I have a Ferrari and a few other cars too, but I feel this one is right for the occasion. I give myself a pep talk.

All the women want you, all the men want to be like you, you're Branson fucking Miller. Knock dem bitches dead!

Arriving at Rizzoli's I'm led to the private balcony that's lined with lush trees and candles. I'll give it to Tamara and Kevin, they did a good ass job!

I sit down and order white wine waiting with anticipation for my date to arrive. Who could it be?

============================

~ Kiondra ~

After having another satisfying confrontation with Branson, I watch him leave and stop to see my boss Kevin.

I don't even knock, I just barge in. But instead of him sitting on his ass and into his Instagram newsfeed, he's fucking Branson's PR manager Tamara from behind. I'm amused because they don't stop but slow their pace so he can talk.

"You need something Ki- oh damn Tam squeeze me just like that- uh you need something?" Laughing hard I try to regain my composure.

"Just letting you know I'm heading out. Enjoy your night guys." I turn around only to hear Tamara say, "Give that bitch Branson a run for his money! He's so arrogant."

Watching Kevin's dark chocolate face contort in pleasure, I wink at them both and leave the building. I see the craziest shit!

I meet Isis (and Kevin too) at my house as I'm given a complete makeover. With my plum purple nails matching my mid-thigh three-quarter sleeve wrap dress that shimmers and my beige heels, I feel sexy. I straighten out my hair and finish with a purple smokey eyes. I haven't gone all out like this in years, but it feels damn good.

Saying bye to Isis and Kevin (and warning them to stay off of MY bed and the kitchen counter), I start the drive to Rizzoli's.

I meet a handsome waiter who leads me up to the balcony. The anticipation of Branson seeing me turned me into a seductress.

"I've got it from here," I whisper to the waiter and he nods and walks away staring at my ass. Shit, I rock my curves!

The candles illuminate the trees and the weather is warm and comfortable. It almost feels like a real date. Too bad it's with such a shitty person.

Branson has his back to me and I can only hear faint whispers of wind and his deep breathing. Go Kiondra! This is YOUR time.

Sauntering over to Branson, I put my hands on either side of his shoulders and whisper "You look nice for once..." Making sure my breath tickled his ear.

He turns around with a smirk on his face only for it to turn into an expression of complete shock. I disregard his face and sit right in his lap looking deep in his eyes.

"Y-y-You're my date?" He asks me. Ten points for an obvious question.

I turn my body practically straddling him as he gets a good look of my cleavage. That's it big boy, let's the games begin.

I put my lips inches from his and ask "Shall we get this date started?"

*Hey guys what did you think?

Do like Branson?

How do you think the date will go?

Thanks and much love!

•Deeja