Park date

They walked down the street in a comfortable silence, Jennifer sighed because she was happy in James's warm and protective arms. They walked to the bridge and leant against the railings, James kept his arms around Jennifer tight while Jennifer rested her head against him as they stood and watched the ripples in the water.

"I'm scared James" Jennifer gazed out to the water.

"What, do you mean?" he asked puzzled

"I'm scared about being a parent and that I am going to screw up" she wanted to say again but she knew she couldn't drop this bombshell on James not now.

"Jennifer you won't screw up and you have me and I can promise you that and you will never be alone I will always be by your side" James placed a light kiss on top of Jennifer's head and held her close.

"You're not going to change your mind about being its father when it comes?"

"Jennifer I mean it and I have never been so sure about anything well except that I .... Like you Jen, I really like you" Jennifer rested her head against James.

"I like you too James"

"come on let's get you home to the warm" James said letting go of Jennifer only to open his arms again , Jennifer turned round, they walked hand in hand back to James' car. As they reached James' car they climbed inside, James put the heating on and started the ignition, which soon warmed the car up.

"Jennifer, what I said back then I really meant it and don't ever think that your alone in this because you're not" James reached out and took Jennifer's hand in his and squeezed it tight and Jennifer smiled. James pulled into the driveway, got out of the car, walked round To Jennifer's side of the car, and opened the door her.

Mean while Merry was in the living room reading when the lights of a car pulled into the driveway, which could only mean that Jennifer and James were home after a rather long date. Merry peaked through the curtain to see James helping Jennifer out of the car and closing the door James cupped Jennifer's cheeks, he gazed into her eyes then slowly bringing his lips down to touch hers, the slow enjoyable kiss turned more passionate and Jennifer was feeling rather hot she pulled him closer by his waist which made James smiled.

Hesitantly James pulled away "I better get you inside"

Jennifer's eyes closed missing his touch already "but why?"

"Because I don't really want to be seen making out with you by your friend who I am sure is looking through a window" Jennifer eyed him before nodding and started for her front door

"Jennifer" James called for her as she reached the door, Jennifer turned around "what are you doing tomorrow? I have the day off and I thought it might be nice if we could I don't know maybe go down to the park?"

"I would love that, pick me up at 12, and I'm still still free for the party Saturday night" she smiled "and I had a lovely time tonight"

"I won't miss it for the world, me too"

Jennifer opened the door, quietly closed it behind her, leant against it smiling, and closed her eyes thinking about her date with James and how perfect he was for her and how fun tomorrow sounded but then remembering she had to go to the party Jennifer felt nervous but, at least James will be there the thought made her grin.

Jennifer started for the steps that lead to the living room "Jen" merry came out of the dim lighted kitchen, which made her jump

"Oh my, Merry are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Jennifer put her hand on her pounding chest.

"Sorry love I couldn't help but... watch..."

"You mean spy?" Megan sighed, "good night Merry"

"So... James looks like a keeper" Merry smirked Jennifer smiled " he really is, thank you for introducing me to him" Jennifer said walking over to her friend and hug her.

Later that night whilst Jennifer was on the couch "Your daddy... well your new daddy is a fantastic man and we are lucky to have him in our lives," Jennifer said talking to her baby sighing sadly at the realisation that this baby will always be hers and Garrett's just like Jenna ... And that she was going to have to live with that for the rest of her life but those thoughts soon left her mind and That Night Jennifer went to sleep with a smile on her face as she dreamt of the future with this fantastic man who she was slowly beginning to fall slowly more in love with every minute she was with him.

James now had hold of Jennifer's heart and she began to believe she had his.

-

"Jen" Merry called from the bottom of the stairs

"What?"

"There's a very handsome man getting out of a very nice car out the front"

"I'll be down in a second" Jennifer was in the bathroom putting the finishing touches of her make up on, Jennifer was wearing a pair of very nice fitted jeans which hugged all the right areas and a red top with black stripes, on her feet weren't her usual heels but a pair of runners which her feet were grateful for, once she was happy with her appearance she grabbed her handbag and made her way down the stairs just in time to see her mother greeting James.

"Oh Jen what are you wearing...." Merry looked her friend up and down

Jennifer just rolled her eyes, pushed past her friend and made her way to James' car dragging him behind her "we are going to the park Merry that's all "

Two dates in a row. Merry smirked yes they are getting along... just fine she closed the door and made her way to her office to look at some wedding magazines...

-

Jennifer and James walked hand in hand threw the park making their way to a bench away from everyone.

"So Jen about the baby... you're going to start showing soon..."

Jennifer laugh "yup and your point?'

"Well what do I tell people and what do I tell my parents, you haven't even met them yet and when the kids old do we tell-"

"Calm down this baby isn't going to grow over night ok first problem tell people it's your child because you are going to be the one who brings it up, well with your parents well tell them when we're ready and once I've met them I guess and when the time comes we will come back to the last problem we have many years brilliant years ahead of us before being there"

"Wow you just have answers to everything don't you," they both laughed Jennifer rested her head on James shoulder, as he wrapped his arm around her waist "umm with my parents..."

"Hmm"

"Well I don't know if they would be okay with it?"

"What do you mean?" Jennifer sat up and looked confused at James

"They're like super old fashioned believing in marriage before having children" James shrugged.

Jennifer gently rested her head back on to James' shoulder "I'm sorry I've got you into them this mess and now your parents won't thank me for it " Jennifer looked down at the floor.
"Hey"James said lifting Jennifer's head up gently too look at him "my parents won't know about the baby until after the wedding so we should be  able to cover it up and say it's mine which it will be okay?"

Jennifer and James spent the whole day out together getting ice cream, telling each other stories about their past some sad but other happy and funny making them laugh... just getting to know each other better and by the end of the day once James had dropped Jennifer off in just enough time to get ready for the party he had made the decision, he just needed a place and time or Maybe it was too soon...