First date

" Hey Jen" Merryweather said softly as she walked into the living room.
" has he gone?" Jennifer questioned.
" Yes he's gone love" Merryweather sat down next to Jennifer.
" please don't get angry again but..." Merryweather started to say something but hesitated for a second before they continued.
" Why are you keeping the baby?" Merry ask regretting having asking this but she needed to know.

"What?" Jennifer asked confused

"you know Garrett is gone and he's not coming back darling I only want what's best for you you've just got accepted as the fairy god mother and officially your life was back on track you were going places" Merryweather gave her friend a weak smile

"Were?" Jennifer shrugged.

"Well if you plan on keeping the baby then your life will be put on hold your still so young you have so much life a head of you like falling in love getting married" Merryweather said and Jennifer rolled her eyes.

"I know how they abort babies I am not getting rid of this baby I can raise it by myself plus I have you"

"Jen darling I know that it will be hard at first but-"

"no Merry I'm keeping this baby no matter what" Jennifer wiped a few tears away

"Jen my love , you can't raise this baby alone" Merryweather sighed.

"I won't raise it alone, I was hoping that you might want to help with it being your godchild I am carrying, think of it as another chance seeing as you couldn't do much for Aurora as the others took over"Jennifer smiled Merryweather sighed placing her hand on her fore head and began massaging her temples.

"Jen, I won't have time I'm up to my head in other things..." Merry said weakly

"Fine, I will do it alone and you do realize that not being part of this means that you no longer in my life and certainly not in my Child's life" tears ran freely down her cheek "I'll start looking for somewhere to live"

"Jen...please don't be so stupid, I want to be a part of both your lives and there is no need for that you stay here as long as you need and I don't not intend to lose you and if that means I get woken up at 3 in the morning so be it" Merryweather smiled knowing how stubborn her friend was and wiped the tears that feel from Jennifer's  eyes

"Well I need you to please be supportive of my decision if you want to be part of our lives" Jennifer placed her hand over her stomach in a protective manor.

"Fine I can live with it just how about you not tell anyone until we find you a man?" Merryweather said placing hand on top of Jennifer's.

"What?" Jennifer gasped

"If it gets out, You could be the laughing stock of this town you know how fast rumours spread" Jennifer sighed knowing it was true.

"Fine, I won't say a word" Jennifer looked up at her friend only to frown in confusion because her friend had a bright and rather sickening smile upon her face.

"what if I told you I knew a young Handsome man who might be willing to take in another man's child as his own and we get you married and he will help raise this baby as his own .... And under any circumstances we will not tell the child who his or her father is because if we do then all of this would be for nothing and Your family would be the laughing stock of this town but... if we pull it off it might just work" Merryweather smirked at her plan.

"Merry! No, I won't do it ... anyway no man will want to raise another man's child as his own so, just forget it" Jennifer felt defeated.

"I have someone in mind; I will invite him over for dinner" Merryweather said brightly.

"What? No don't be stupid..." but curiosity got the better of Jennifer "Who?"

"You will find out" Merryweather walked over to the door only to turn round and sigh. " Jen, I don't want you to make the same mistakes again or regret having this baby and blaming the child for what could have been" Jennifer looked down at her hands and shifted uncomfortably as her friend left the room leaving Jennifer alone.

Jennifer sat on the sofa thinking over what Merryweather had just said to her, how could she think of such a thing, and anyway who was willing to raise another man's child? She was now damaged goods who just wanted to start her life over and prove to herself that she could be loved.

Joan had rushed to her room and started rifling through her paper work when she spotted his number. Sighing with relief, she dialed the number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello is that James?"

"Yes this is James, is that you Merry?"

"Hi James, Yes its Merry, how have you been?"

"Good, look sorry is there anything I can do for you I'm about to go into a meeting with the king?"

"Oh sorry um I was wondering what your plans were for Saturday night?

"I have nothing planned for Saturday night"

"Excellent, how would you like to come over for dinner?"

"I would love to; I'll swing by around about 8?"

"That's perfect" Merry smiled at her little plan but all she had to do now was to wait for him to come around then realize she for she had something to do  and leave Merry smiled wickedly at herself. Merry was pleased with her little plan she even rushed back into the living room making Jennifer jump out of her skin.

"Merry, what's going on? You scared the bibbidi bobbidi out of me" Jennifer looked annoyed

Merry came in and sat next to Jennifer "you remember James don't you? The tall young handsome man you met a little while ago"

"yes... Why...Oh my god what did you do" Jennifer turned her head away from her mother.

"He likes you Jen and I know that you like him, I could tell the way you both looked at each other so I invited him over for dinner Saturday night so you might want to make something nice oh why not treat yourself to a nice dress or something " Merry got up and walked away feeling pleased with herself

Jennifer sat frozen in shock what ton earth did her good friend just do but after sitting on it for awhile James was a very handsome man and maybe she underestimated him what if he agrees to look after this child and help raise it with me Jennifer felt herself smile and in that moment she forgot about Garrett altogether " well looks like it's time to go dress shopping" she said aloud to herself.