The beginning

That's the last of it." Garrett grunted as he dropped the box on Jennifer's hardwood floor."Thank you." She said, flashing him a smile as she started to put His books on the shelf."Thank you for letting me stay here." Garrett said as he returned the smile and walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist."We've been together for 2 years, it was going to happen, anyway." She said, chuckling as Garrett sucked on her exposed collarbone."I know." Jennifer dropped the books she had been holding and bit her lip as Garrett moved her hair out of the way to kiss her jawline. "But I just want you to know," Garrett's voice was deep and lusty. "how grateful I am.""Hmm..." Jennifer turned around and kissed him hard. "How grateful are you?" Jennifer teased "I'd be happy to show you..." And he picked Jennifer up and carried her into her - actually, their - bedroom.

"No, Garrett. I have college and you have to go to work." Jennifer lifted his arm off of her waist and started to get up from the bed. Garrett sighed and got up as well. He was going to have to re-adjust to not having sex every morning, as they had been since he moved in.

"Alright." Jennifer smiled at him and walked over to her closet, pulling out her neatly ironed clothes to change into. But she didn't get a chance before she felt overwhelming waves of nausea flowing through her, and she ran into the bathroom."Jen!" Garrett followed her and pulled her hair out of her face while she emptied her stomach . He held it back with one hand and stroked her back with the other, saying soothing words to her. Jennifer flushed the toilet and wiped out her mouth, trying to rid herself of the disgusting taste left over."Are you okay, Jen?" Garrett held her shoulders gently and walked over to the bed once again. "It's alright." He laid down beside her and held her soothingly. "I'll call us both in sick. I'll stay with you, okay?"Jennifer removed herself from his embrace and checked her forehead. Not really a fever. "No, I'll be fine. It may have been something I ate." Garrett wasn't too sure but didn't want to argue with Jennifer "Are you sure?"he didn't want her to go to charm/ magic school and end up vomiting all over a class mare or anything. "I'm sure They will be fine with it , I'm...sure." She got up, picked her top up off of the floor and started to change.

"Okay..." Garrett went to go brush his teeth and hoped Jennifer wasn't catching anything.

the very next day, just before they sat down for breakfast. Jennifer emptied her stomach into the kitchen sink, even worse than the other day,he handed her a mint from her purse, then picked her up and carried her to the bedroom."Garrett, I'm fine, really - " Garrett sighed "I know you say that, but I want you to stay home today, just to be sure. I'll go to work, bring you something home for lunch, and I'll try to get home early. Okay?" Jennifer sigh "Fine..." Jennifer grumbled, situating herself under the covers, knowing that Garrett would not change his mind. just after Garrett left, she got out of bed. Digging through the bathroom cabinet, she looked for something she hadn't needed in a long time - a pregnancy test.

After not finding one Jennifer walked to the nearest pharmacy stopping a couple of times feeling the nausea quick come and go, once parked Jennifer walked into the store feeling uncomfortable as she walked round for a few minutes picking up a few essentials when she saw it. She walked over and looked only to realise that are several different ones. Being a Student of magic she was used to all sorts of tests from Teachers and pressure but this sort of test was her first time and she was stuck on which one to choose.

"Can I help you with anything at all Ma'am?" Jennifer turned to see a young girl with a friendly face smiling at her.

"I'm actually fine thank you"

"Okay, if you're sure" the young girl went to walk away when Jennifer decided to trust her "actually..., I'm stuck on which one to choose"

"Okay, well we have the double test or singles tests, we also have ones that can tell how far gone you are and they are digital and the best ones out there and the most accurate too" the young girl said picking up the boxes for Jennifer to look at.

"Okay" She looked at the tests in her hands for a few minutes.

"I think I will take the twin pack, thank you" the young girl walked back to the counter with Jennifer following behind, the girls started scanning the items through.

"Is that your first time buying one of these?" Jennifer was rather taken back by the girls' question and was not sure how to answer.

"Erm ... Yes it is actually, how can you tell?"

"I knew it the moment you walked in and I mean I see loads of girls buying them every day with no embarrassment what so ever but, you were different" knowing Jennifer's slight embarrassment the girl put the test inside a paper bag and then put it in the bag with her other items

"That will be $15.99 please" Jennifer handed over the money and the girl handed over the goods and She gave the girl a small smile.

"Good luck, I hope you get the results your after"

"Thanks and Thank you very much for your help you were very helpful" Jennifer walked away and walked back to her home.

Once home Jennifer walked into her room and shut the door dumping her bag on the bed sending the test flying to the floor. Jennifer took of her shoes and sighed with relief as her sore feet touched the plush and expensively soft carpet.

Jennifer reached into her bag only not feel the paper bag inside which made her panic and her heart pounding in her chest at the fear of it being on the floor outside or down stairs Jennifer bent down on the floor only to see the test on the floor. Sighing with relief Jennifer walked into her bathroom shutting the door.

She opened the packaging, shoved the plastic in the bin, took one test out of the box along with the instructions, and began reading it.

Jennifer took the top of the test off, placed it in the bin, walked over to the toilet, and tried to go but she was so nervous that she could not pee.

Minutes later Jennifer walked over to the sink with the test in her hand, placed it on the side on top of toilet tissue, looked her watch, and waited 5 minutes.

Those 5 minutes were the longest 5 minutes of her life but soon enough it was time for Wanda to look at the test. Jennifer took a deep breath and turned the stick over to see two pink lines clear as day and the word pregnant 8 weeks digitally in the corner. Jennifer swore her heart stopped the moment she saw the word pregnant.

"I can't be pregnant, I just can't be pregnant" Jenifer was in shock and denial so she picked up the other test and did the same and waited another 5 minutes only to see that the same result came back right in front of her. She held the second test in her once calm, steady hands that were now trembling as she looked down at her mothers god mother ring that glistened in the light.

Jennifer just sat on her bed and stared at the ceiling until Garrett walked in at noon. "Hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?" He asked, putting down the bag with her lunch in it on the nightstand."Much better." She hugged him and pulled him down beside her. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. Jennifer just tucked her head into the crook of his neck and hooked a leg around his hips. Garrett pulled back and looked at her face."What's wrong?" He asked, brushing the stray hair from her had been lost in thought. "What? Oh, nothing. I just...missed you." It wasn't a complete lie. She had missed him, but decided not to tell him about this pregnancy just yet. She made herself a mental promise.