Chapter Three

Mona

"Aye. Are we to trust that the Monarch will come in friendly attire?"

Paulina sat, cross legged on the chair. She read through files, listening to Mona's usual bickering.

"That fecking bitch will not take Kaliska from our home. She will try. You know of it. She likes rare things. Rare individuals. You don't be hearing of hybrids walking about." Mona went on in rant.

"Latham will be here any moment, Mona. I️ rather wait then to hear you talk of plan to destroy our Monarch."

Taking Paulina's words as a jibe, Mona rolled her eyes. She would not give that a response. She leaped back onto couch, turning on television. She grabbed the foam cup she left beside the couch, drinking from the straw. A full cup of O negative blood. Her favorite. She sipped on it till the very end, making a slurping sound.

In fast unrecognizable speed, Paulina came, snatching the foam cup from Mona's hand, into the trash in the kitchen.
By the time Mona lifted her head up, Paulina was back sitting in her chair. "Ye could have asked nicely." Mona flicked her red hair from her face as she got up.

She moved swiftly to the front door. Hand on the knob, she held its grip as Latham tried to open it. Mona smirked, hearing his sneer.

"Really..." Latham complained.

"What are house rules?"

"Mona..."

"What are they?"

Latham hissed. "Do not open door without permission by you."

Mona opened the door. "Aye was checking to make sure ye remembered."

"Thanks for the reminder."

She stepped aside. Latham walked in. She turned off, shutting the door, heading into kitchen. She was still thirsty.

"Any news?" Paulina went straight to business. She waited for him to take a seat before hounding him more. "When will she arrive?"

Holding hand out, Latham waited for Mona to come back.

She walked into living room with a new foam cup filled with blood. She rolled her eyes at Paulina, scowling. Taking a seat beside Paulina, they both gave their attention to Latham, awaiting his news.

Pursing his lips, he repositioned. Latham jeans raised up to high on his manhood.

Taking a peek down low, Mona hid the enticement that she knew shined in her eyes. She took a sip of her blood, looking around in a random direction.

"The Monarch will be here in six days. That's not why I'm here."

"Okay." Paulina leaned at the edge of the couch. Eyes were narrowed. "What is bigger than the Monarch coming?"

The suspense Latham was building up, brought Mona's patience to zero. She had none. He always liked to take his time. "Spit it out."

Latham smirked. "I️ know a guy. My source."

"Oh bloody hell, Latham. Not with this source shite again," Mona interrupted.

"My source," Latham brow raised, warning Mona not to interrupt him again.

She knew what kind of warning it was and she didn't want it. He promised to back off trying to win her over if she at least treated him better. Mona went silent, crossing her arms over her chest.

"He's come in contact with someone. A woman." Latham knew the news he was about to break would change everything. He always seemed to keep bringing them more news. "He's not comfortable telling me where or who has this woman. Only that he knows who she is."