Chapter Fifty- Five: Touch the Past

Chapter Fifty-Five: Touch the Past

Anastasia's POV:

I sit on my bed and sigh. I have red eyes and tears are rolling down my face. I hear a knock at the door and I quickly wipe my tears away. 

"Come in!" I call out trying to sound normal but fail terribly. I straighten out my shirt which has small splatters of tear stains on it. My door opens and in comes Bruce with a bowl and spoon in his hand. He looks over at me and I give him the best small smile I make. 

"Hey Bruce, what are you doing here?" I ask him kindly. He shuts the door behind him with his foot and he walks over to me and smiles at me softly. He places the bowl on my bedside table and looks at me with a guilt-ridden face.

"Anastasia, I've come to apologize for the way I acted towards you earlier," Bruce says to me. I look at him with curiosity and shrug my shoulders lightly.

"It's fine. I forgive-" I am cut off by Bruce taking my hands in his own. 

"No, the way I behaved earlier to you was unacceptable. I should have welcomed you back kindly instead of being rude and being mean. I'm sorry, Anastasia, I was in shock that you were back after everything that has happened between us all. I hope you can forgive me as I would like to be a family again," he begs with tears in his eyes. 

I giggle lightly and I pull him towards me and wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back and I smile kissing his head lightly. 

"Of course I forgive you, Bruce. It should be me who apologizes as I turned up unexpectedly and I can understand why you were shocked when you saw me earlier, it's been three years since I last saw you and a lot has happened during that time," I explain to him and pull away from him. He smiles up at me and I wipe his tears away with my thumb. 

"So, the question is, do you want to start over as a family again?" I ask him. He nods his head smiling and pulls me in for another hug. I laugh at his actions taking them as a yes. He pulls away and reaches for the bowl next to us and offers me it. 

"Here, Alfred made you some soup and I thought you might be hungry," Bruce tells me. I take the soup and smile kindly at him.

*****

After finishing my soup, I told Bruce that I would change quickly before we both caught up with one another. I grab an outfit out of my closet and quickly change in the bathroom. Once I am changed I apply light makeup, (black mascara, foundation, concealer, and light pink lipgloss) and I look at my appearance. I am now wearing a white dress that falls just above my knees, a brown belt around my waist and brown heeled ankle boots. My hair was in tight black curls and I have a weaved brown headband keeping my hair separated. 

I walk out of my bathroom smiling at Bruce and he smiles back at me lightly. He opens my room door and I follow him out of my room and down the stairs. Me and Bruce make our way into Thomas' old office where we used to hang out and talk when I hear people talking. Bruce goes into the office first and the talking stops and there is silence in the room. 

"Jim!" Bruce exclaims happily. I walk into the room and see a tall man who looks to be in his late thirties smiling at Bruce. He opens his arms and Bruce hugs him. I smile at the pair. The man lets go of Bruce and turns to look at me with his pale blue-grey eyes. 

His face shows shock when he sees me and I see him visibly gulp. 

"Oh, Ana, I didn't see you come in," my father says turning to look at me. He smiles at me warmly and I smile back at him. 

"Who's this?" I ask curiously looking at the man with dark blonde hair.    

"Anastasia, this is a good friend of ours, Detective James Gordon of the GCPD," my dad introduces me to the detective.