Part Two: Chapter Thirty-nine

Part Two: Chapter Thirty-nine: Code of Villainy 

Tyler's POV:

I sit next to Dacey as we head to Arkham in a dark black van. She doesn't say anything as she sits with her head down facing the ground. Her hair is a clear purple and blue colour with small hints of red. Her eyes are focussed on the floor and no matter what any of us do, she is not responding. I wish she would just speak, move, do something other than look at the cold ground. 

"Dacey? Dacey, please talk to me," I beg as I try to get her attention. She doesn't move or look to be paying any attention to me. She is in her own world. Her tears have stopped and along with them so has her voice. Ever since she woke up she has said nothing. 

Flashback: (one hour ago)

"She's waking up," I hear that bodyguard of Dacey, Houston call to us. I look at her and brush my hand through the loose curls of her hair. 

"Dacey?" I ask her. She doesn't respond. She looks at me and then at Ricky and finally at Houston. We told Penguin to leave with Butch as he did this to her. The small light in her eyes slowly fades away as she turns around and looks at the wall her mother was pushed off of. She just stares at the wall and continues to stare at it not making a sound. 

"Dace?" Houston calls out but she doesn't respond. I sigh and look at Ricky and he has the same look on his face as I do. 

"Take her to Arkham, I'll admit her in, I believe that you Doctor Sole will be able to look after her from there," Ricky tells me. I nod my head and Houston looks at both of us and then at Dacey.

"You can't come, mate, if you come to Arkham then you'll be admitted,"  I say to Houston. He sighs and shakes his head. I slowly stand up and pick up Dacey with me. Her grip is loose and she doesn't seem to want to move, her only focus is on the wall. 

"I'll apply for a job at Arkham, she'll need a guard looking out for her," Houston states. I sigh and nod my head. It is better if I decide to work with this man instead of arguing with him and put Dacey in a difficult situation. It is better to have her safe.

"Then it's settled, I'll call up Arkham now and inform them that they have a new patient and you Tyler will take her there and be her Psychologist or Therapist whatever you call it and Houston you will apply to be a guard at the facility," Ricky states. I nod my head and so does Houston. 

"Well let's get going then,"

Present time:

The gates to Arkham creak open and the driver drives into the mental asylum. The driver parks and then opens the back of the van. I walk over to Dacey and gently pull her up beside me and she walks along in step with me, her focus still on the ground. I walk to the entrance and fish my key card out of my pocket and scan it into the door until the light on the door flashes green and the door unlocks letting us both in. 

"A new crazy for the Asylum, Doc?" A guard laughs, I let go of Dacey and instantly punch the guard in the face. He stumbles back holding his face and cries out in pain. A red mark is already forming around his cheek. 

"Know your place," I growl and lightly take Dacey's wrist and walk with her past the now cowering guard. We walk past an open space where a caged off entertainment room with all of the inmates are. As I walk with Dacey the room goes silent and everyone's eyes seem to focus on the multi-coloured hair girl beside me. 

"Who's that?"

"Ain't she a pretty little thing."

"I'd want to eat her up."