Chapter Thirty Three: Sleeping Beauty

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

The constant beeping of the life support machines sounds through the air. Many of the patients in the ward of the warehouse knew exactly who was in the facility. They all knew about the cop. The agent. And that is what got them all interested.

"Heya Doc, sooo.... how is the patient doing?" A blonde teenager with golden brown eyes asks. He is wearing a normal dark black hoodie, jeans and white trainers but his shirt was a light green with a playing card on it reading 10/6. He has a leap in his step and a mad look in his eye.

"The patient is doing fine, the vitals are looking up." The brown haired doctor replies. He looks at the boy with a mixture of curiosity and disbelief. The teenager sat on the seat besides the hospital bed and glanced at the person laying in it.

"I'm going to go and quickly get the final results, do not do anything rash please." The Doctor asks the teenager. Reluctantly the teen nods his head and stares at the person with an intense glare. Once the Doctor leaves the room, the teen pulls out a book he had been hiding in his hoodie. He places the book onto his lap and then takes a deep breath before turning to a page and reading out loud.

"Tweedle-dumb and Tweedle -dee resolved to have a battle. For Tweelde-dumb said Tweedle-dee had spoiled his new rattle. Just then flew by a monstrous crow, as big as a tar barrel. Which frightened both the heroes so, they quite forgot about the quarrel." He read. As he continued to read out more poems and stories in the book he sighs. He looks back at the brunette in the bed and then places his soft hand on her delicate cheek.

"Please awaken Alice... please...." He mutters. Just as he is about to brush the stray hair from the girl's face a hand immediately clutches onto his wrist. He gasps and then looks down at the know opened green curious eyes.

"Oh my, oh my. Alice you're awake! You did not take that deadly nightshade after all.... You have sleighed the jabberwocky." He calls out happily. The girl looks confused and then sits up slowly. She looks around the room and then looks back at the blonde. Just as she is about to say something, a murdering pain enters her and she hisses out. She clutches her throat and gasps for air.

Quickly the teenager grabs the glass of water from the cabinet besides them and passes it her. She snatches it off of him and gulps down the refreshing substance.

"Ah look, sleeping beauty is awake." The Doctor calls walking back into the room with a clipboard in his hand. The girl then looks between the two of them, no fear is lined on her face but she is slightly worried.

DACEY'S POV:

Where the hell am I? Being poisoned by your undead finance is one thing but waking up to a white room with yourself attached to a life machine is another. I sit up and watch the two males in the room. Both of them look to be my age and both different in appearance. One has brown hair and chocolate eyes, the other has blonde and hazel. The blonde haired one looks deranged and then "Doctor" doesn't look much better either.

"Where am I? And who are you?" I ask them both. The Doctor smiles at me and then offers out his hand to shake as he introduces himself.

"My names Ricky Wesker." He says and I don't shake his hand instead I just stare at it. I then look at the blonde and raise my brow. He takes an over dramatic bow and then says.

"And my name is Jervis Tetch, nice to meet you Alice." He informs me. I am now officially confused. Ricky looks at my face and then slaps Jervis around the back of the head.

"You idiot you are scaring her. Please just ignore him Miss Strikes, he isn't what you would call sane. Oh and welcome to Winterberry Hospital, the medical facility for Gotham's criminals and criminally insane." He adds on. I then stare at him wide eyed. One how did he know me? And two, why am I in a insane medical facility. As if reading my mind Ricky explains to me.