Chapter Forty-Five: Villians never get happy endings

2 months into the future:

Phoenix's POV: 

I sit in the dark, cold, isolated cell alone with my hands hung above my head. Metallic chains are nailed and bolted to the wall behind me. My head hangs limp as I stare at the ground. I have no energy to move, to do anything. I know who has me captured. I know who has locked me in this cell. The one person I despise most in the world. It may seem to surprise a lot of you, but the past events have done a number of things to me. They have cursed me, turned me back into a murderer. Well, I'm now more psychotic than I was a couple of months ago. I have killed, I have slaughtered, and I have been locked away. 

"So this is what I find, the woman I thought would be so strong to be nothing more than a broken little bird, wanting to be set free," I hear. The echoing of footsteps alert me that my capture is in the room. I don't move and just continue to stare at the ground. My hair which is now a darker shade of violet and blue falls in front of my face, masking me from the outside world. It is my shield, my protection. 

"Freedom is what you have wanted so desparately to have, but now look at you. You are nothing anymore," my capture continues emphazing the last words. I don't say a word or even show any signs that I am moving, that I am alive. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in. I am dead inside. I have nothing anymore. Nothing. 

"You have been restrained to a cage where you can never be released. How does it feel to now be truly alone?" my capture questions. I start to feel enclosed in. Claustraphobic. My bottom lip starts to quiver and my breathing becomes uneven. I am getting aggitated. My captures words hitting my brick wall down. Breaking every piece of me until I am nothing but sand and stone.

"How does it feel to be stuck in that cage knowing that I was the one to wrip everything away from you?" my capture continues with their questions. I feel a single tear roll down my cheek and I start to hear my heartbeat. The thumping of my pulse radiates throughout my body and everything closes in on me. 

"I took this away from you, but I also made you. You threw everything away down the gutter like a drain rat. Are you even the Phoenix anymore? Or are you Dacey Strike, the weak and alone orphan?" Memories of everyone I have lost flahses before my eyes. My head still hangs down as I see my mother's death. Her eyes looking into mine as she falls into the neverending depths of the dark rapids. Drowning. Not surviving. Dead. 

"I created what you are now? And this is how you repay me? You try to kill me, set up a little gang to slaughter me?" my captures chuckles sadistically. I ignore them and continue to watch flash backs of my life. Everything finally dawning in on my souless, emotionless corpse. I might as well be a corpse. I feel nothing. I don't want to feel anything. 

"You took away my freedom..." I mutter, my voice raspy as I haven't spoken in a week. My throat is soar and my eyes want to water from how much pain my throat is in. I can't feel my arms, or my legs. 

"I took away what was making you turn into some rebellious teenager, I had to get rid of that," my capture states harshly. I smile sadly looking at the cracked concrete floor. A piece of my hair falls into my eyes. 

"You got rid of the one thing that made me feel... free..." I start off strongly until my voice wavers when I say free. Emotions clouding my thoughts. My words. My everything. 

"Free? Is that what you called it? You were dillusional! Mad! I took away what was pulling you back," they state in a powerful voice. 

"Now you can't even look at me, that's how weak you are," this makes my head snap up. I stare into my captures light blue eyes. I scowl at them and my breathing accelaterates.