Her cheeks turned pink as she turned her head and gave me a questioning look, "Who knew you were such a sap underneath all that cold exterior?"

I chuckled, "I don't think anyone knows this side of me."

I pretty much had three sides– one for my pack, one for my family, and one for her. The closed off side was for the pack so they didn't think they could walk all over me like they want. The kind side was for my family because they've been there for me through thick and thin. The sappy side was for her because she made me feel like a giddy teenage boy, as disgusting as that sounded.

She just stared at me curiously. I loved that she wanted to know everything about me like I did her. It was the greatest feeling on the planet to know that even if everything was going downhill, I still had her to be my source of comfort, a reminder that the world wasn't that fucked up.

And to think I was ready to push her away from me for the sake of my pack, who for the most part loved her. 

She might have the Moon Goddess's blessing, but it was obvious who was more blessed in this relationship. 

I leaned in to kiss her when there was a knock on the door, "Um, Hudson? Alexis?"

I was going to murder Boston, pack rules be damned.

"What?" I snarled, getting out of Alexis's warm embrace and yanking the door open. The look on his face concerned me considering the fact that he wasn't grinning like he usually did to annoy me.

"We have another issue with the pack border. One of the warriors smelled a griffin nearby."

My eyes widened and I looked back at Alexis, who was already yanking her sneakers on. 

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to–"

"Be quiet, Hudson and move your ass. There's a griffin on the loose," she snapped and pulled my hand so we could leave. In a matter of minutes, we were rushing towards the West Border where my pack warriors were gathered with their weapons ready. Matthew stood there with his arms crossed and a deadly glare on his face as if he was trying to burn all the trees down to get to the griffin.

"Warriors, on guard," I growled loudly, causing them all to straighten their postures. I could smell the griffin nearby,  but oddly enough, it didn't smell as bad as the last griffin that paid us a visit.

Alexis and I pushed to the front of the group and lined up beside Matthew. 

My wolf shook his fur out and started pacing in my head anxiously. I frowned at his actions because he didn't do this unless he was uncomfortable or threatened.

What's wrong?

I feel uncomfortable with the scent, but it's a different sort of feeling. I don't know why.

I clenched my fists and looked down at Alexis worriedly. She had a blank face and stood there confidently with her chin raised.

I wasn't going to let anything happen to her and that was a promise. 

Suddenly, there was a bit of rustling from the woods, causing me to step forward and in front of Alexis. I held my breath as I expected a man or an ugly creature with wings to step out.

Instead, it was a little girl who held a teddy bear and blanket in her left hand. She had her right thumb in her mouth, which she took out so she could wave her hand at us.

I blinked in shock. 

You had got to be kidding me. We had gathered here with deadly weapons and our best pack warriors to face a little girl who couldn't be older than four? What was Boston thinking? For Pete's sake, the worst the girl could do was throw her teddy bear at us!

I looked at Matthew, who had the same look on his face except his mouth was slightly open. Boston looked a little amused while the pack warriors were still trying to figure out what had happened.

Finally, Alexis stepped forward and crouched in front of the girl, "Hello! What's your name?"

The girl pulled her thumb out and smiled, "Brielle!"

Alexis smiled kindly, "That's a beautiful name. But Brielle, what are you doing here? Won't your mommy and daddy be worried that you left them?"

"Mommy and daddy are gone. Lacey said they went to heaven where all the good griffins go."

So this little girl was a griffin. 

Alexis pursed her lips but still spoke in a gentle tone, "Who's Lacey?"

As if on cue, a woman's voice started yelling from the woods, "Brielle! Brielle!"

A petite woman emerged from the line of the trees and ran towards Brielle, "Oh my Lord, don't do that again. I nearly went into cardiac arr–"

A loud growl cut her off, "Mate!"

This time, my jaw did drop open as everyone turned to stare at the wolf who spoke.

Matthew.

Hey loves! I know you were all expecting Hudson to grovel in this chapter, but don't worry. He will be doing his thing soo ;) Now, what about Brielle and Lacey? Should the pack trust them? And what about Matthew? Yay or nay?

Thank you guys for getting TAE to #39 in Werewolf! 

I LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*

Nostalgia Moment of the Day: Remember when The Rainbow Fairy series and Cam Jansen were the best books to read?