31

Lilac's P.O.V

It's been a week since Addison's fight with Kingsley. She's been put on bed rest with a concussion. I didn't know what to do. I hated seeing him hurt her. I hate knowing that he's out there and can hurt her. I just hate him. I had been attending some self defence classes with Callum. He's been teaching me how to defend myself and to throw some effective punches and kicks. I wanted to know how to do all of this in case I walked into Kingsley. I know I'm not confident or a good fighter like Addison, but I just want him gone. I was on my way towards Addison's house, when I heard a bang. My car suddenly became hard to control. The first thing so did was slow down and pull over out of traffic. Did I run something over? I quickly climbed out of the car and looked at my back tire. It had been popped.

"Really," I groaned, walking back into my car and grabbing my phone. Before I could dial Addison's number, I felt someone wrap their arm around my throat, pulling me off the ground. I quickly put my hand between his arm and my throat to buy some time.

"You're the Little bitch who knocked me out," he growled, carrying me towards a black car.

"Let go of me," I yelled, flailing my arms and legs.

"Stop squirming," he grunted, opening his car door. I sent the heel of my foot into his groin, and the back of my head into his face.

"Fuck!" He growled. I fell to the floor and quickly ran towards my car. I picked up my phone from the ground and dialled Addison's number.

"Babe,"

"Um please tell me your doors open and are easily lockable," I panted, looking around and finding Kingsley's car quickly following me.

"Yes, why? Where are you?" She asked, her voice was getting agitated.

"I was driving to your house and my tire popped,"

"That's doesn't explain why you're running,"

"Just tell me if he knows where you live," I panted, turning down an alleyway.

"Where the fuck are you Lilac?! I'll come get you,"

"I don't know where I am," I panted leaning against the wall trying to catch my breath.

"I'm coming for you," and she hung up. I put my phone away. I realised I'd come to a dead end.

"Seriously?! You have a PhD and you ran into a dead end!" I schooled myself.

"Now You can't run stupid girl!"

"Really?" I groaned, turning around to face him. I watched as he pulled out a gun. I quickly dialled the police before he came towards me.

"Didn't think it would get to this but you were a naughty girl," He snickered, holding it towards me. My hands instantly came up.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, trying to talk my way out of this.

"None of your business little girl,"

"I'm not exactly Little," I mumbled.

"Where's Addison?" He asked, I shrugged my shoulders. The sound of his shoes echoed through the alleyway.

"Tell me, or else," he whispered, the cold metal of the gun on my chest. I knew from the position he had the gun he'd probably puncture my lung but he wouldn't be anywhere near the heart.

"What do you want from her?"

"Nothing that concerns you,"

"Seeing as I'm here it does concern me," I heard him put pressure on the trigger. My heart was racing.

"Don't push me girl, I will do it,"

"And get arrested?" I asked.

"You called the cops?" He asked, his face growing angry. I stood silently, the sound of sirens coming above us.

"Better get away then," he smirked, pulling the trigger. I held my hand up over the gun. Everything was in slow motion.

Addison's P.O.V

I drove as fast as I could to try and find Lilac. I found her car and spotted a parked black car up ahead. I quickly got out and looked for her. My heart was racing. My mind was going crazy. I needed to find her. I needed to make sure she was okay. When I heard a gun echo through an alleyway, my heart stopped.

"No," I breathed, running towards the alleyway. I heard Lilac screaming. I turned down the alleyway and saw Kingsley standing over her. She was on the ground, holding her bleeding hand.

"You're pathetic girl, just like that lover of yours," Kingsley spat, kicking her on the ground. I sent a fist across the back of his head. He grunted and turned to me. The gun had fallen out of his hands and into Lilac's lap.

"Stupid girl!" He spat, lunging himself at me. I tried to block his punches but he was so strong. He sent punch after punch into my body. All I could hear was Lilac's cry's. The thought of him hurting her made me angry.

"You're gonna Get it for what you did!" He roared. He lifted his hand to punch me, but the sound of the gun exploded through the alleyway again. His eyes became wide and his body shook with shock. I pushed him off me and looked for Lilac. She was shaking. She was holding the gun in her hand. She shot him. She killed him.

"Lilac," I whispered, throwing my shirt off and tying it around her hand to stop the bleeding. She dropped the gun, the call metal echoing through the air. We heard Kingsley's struggles for air.

"Police!" They called, entering the alleyway. I held a shaking Lilac in my arms.

"Thank you," I whispered in her ear.

"I said I'd catch you," she cried, her eyes wetting my bare shoulder.

"Never again will I leave your side,"

"I'm not shitting in front of you," she laughed, causing me to laugh. I felt Ike weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I knew that Lilac would love with killing Kingsley for the rest of her life, but I was going to be here for her every step of the way. There is nothing that can get in the way of our relationship.

"I love you so much Lilac, I'm so glad you're okay," I held her tighter, feeling her heart beat on mine.

"I love you too Addison," she whispered, before she passed out in my arms.