13.

"Doctor Wilcox," The head doctor called.

"Yes Doctor Harrison?"

"I've spoken with patient Jaycee Jones' guardians and we have come to the conclusion that Jaycee is not going to wake up from her coma,"

"What do you mean?"

"As sad as it is her guardians have agreed to take Jaycee of life support," my heart dropped. This couldn't be happening. Did Isabelle know?

"W-what? Why?" I asked, looking him in the eyes. He sighed, and flipped through pages in his book.

"She's not going to make it Doctor Wilcox. Keep your relationship with the patient professional. It was not your deduction but her guardians. You're lucky we've let you have care of her seeing as you know each other personally. We will be taking her off life support soon," he smiled sadly and walked away from me. All I wanted to do was smash my fist against the wall or cry my eyes out but I was interrupted by a voice.

"What an asshole," I looked over to the voice and saw Lilac. She had her hair down today which sculpted her face perfectly. I felt my cheeks heat up looking at her. Stop it Addison. She's a senior doctor. You can't have feelings for her. And now is not the time to do something you'll regret.

"I'm sorry about Jaycee, I know how close you are with her," I sighed.

"Gotta keep it professional," I replied, venom seeping through my voice. Lilac placed a hand on my shoulder, causing my whole body to set fire from her touch.

"I'm here if you need anyone alright? I know our friendships been weird but I'm here," she smiled, making her way out of the room. We were friends?! I didn't even know we were friends. Maybe it'll be worth getting friendzoned. I grabbed Jaycees file and headed towards the room. I had no idea how I was going to tell Isabelle.

"I have some bad news," I sighed, walking into the room.

"What?" She asked, her eyes sanded.

"The head doctor is going to pull Jaycee's life support,"

"What? Why?!" She yelled, anger evident in her voice.

"Because it's been six weeks now Isabelle-,"

"You have to stop him!" She begged, looking into my eyes. Everything in me wanted to agree with her but I just couldn't. It's not professional.

"He's my boss Isabelle-,"

"Please Addison, just one more week," She begged. I don't know what to do. I wanted to keep Jaycee on life support for as long as she needed but I didn't want to lose my job.

"I'll see what I can do Isabelle, but he's pretty keen on the idea because your parents have agreed,"

"W-What?"

"Your parents agreed and because they're technically her legal guardians their say matters,"

"But she's over eighteen," I sighed. No matter what I couldn't really do anything, "please just try something?" She pleaded.

"Alright I'll see what I can do," I sighed.

"Thank you," She breathed, hugging me.

"Don't thank me yet, I haven't gone and seen him yet,"

"Has anything changed with her?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Not that we're aware of. Her vitals are still the same, and we won't know her condition unless she starts to breathe on her own,"