14.

"I didn't know you had game kid," I laughed, checking Jaycees vitals.

"I have game-,"

"Yeah no," I smiled, watching her frown at me.

"What happened to me?" She asked, her voice eager and concerned.

"Jay-"

"I want to know,"

"But it'll make you remember what happened Jaycee,"

"I hate not knowing why I'm here," she sighed, hitting her fist against the bed.

"Calm down Jaycee, you're body is still recovering-"

"From what?"

"Look, you finally got your pussy ass to ask out the girl you love, don't ruin it for her Jay or yourself. At least give it time alright?"

"I'm not a pussy," she mumbled.

"You are dumbass," I laughed.

"Where is she?" She asked.

"You're lover?" I winked.

"My girlfriend," she laughed.

"She went to school I'm pretty sure. She's missed seven weeks worth so I made her go,"

"How motherly of you," she joked.

"Yeah well someone had to look after her while you were gone,"

"You didn't touch her did you?" She asked, her voice threatening.

"What if I did?" I smirked. She gave me a warning glare. I laughed.

"Of course not Jay, I wouldn't do that, and besides, I got my eye on someone,"

"Who?" I felt my body tense. Why did I say that? I can't have her anyway. God Addison you're so stupid. Then again you're a doctor. Maybe not stupid.

"You won't know them-"

"How's everything going in here?" Lilac asked. Fuck, I forgot she was going to check on Jaycees heart today. Fuck Addison, remain calm and don't show any sign of emotion.

"Uh yep, uh everything's good Lilac," I stuttered, my cheeks going red. Fuck Addison! Calm down! Get your shit together!

"And how are you Miss Jones?" She asked, her crystal blue eyes looking over from me to Jaycee.

"Better,"

"I'm Doctor Willows, I'm one of the senior cardiac doctors here," Jaycee nodded her head, looking over at me. I didn't know why, but my body was shaking. Was it because Lilac was only a small distance from me and her fruity smell was in my mind again?

"How is my heart?" Jaycee asked. I wanted to slap her. I knew she was purposely trying to keep Lilac in here longer. I'll get her back for this.

"It's getting there Jaycee. Your heart is still recovering from the cardiac arrest that you had a week ago but the bullet wound is healing very nicely,"

"When will I be out of here?"

"In time Jaycee. I'm sure Doctor Wilcox can give you a better generalisation. She is a very good doctor after all," I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. Lilac smiled her perfectly white teeth at me. Her eyes were so blue.

"I-I'm just a sports doctor," I mumbled, looking away from her. Fuck Addison. Calm down. It's going to be noticeable!

"And I'm just a heart doctor," she laughed. But she wasn't just a heart doctor. She was beautiful, and nice and funny and Agh!

"I will leave you to it Doctor Wilcox, get better Miss Jones,"

"Thank you," Jaycee smiled. Lilac gave me a small smile before leaving the room. I held my finger up at Jaycee.

"Don't," I mumbled, pacing the room.

"So a senior doctor huh?" Jaycee mused, watching me.

"Jay please," I mumbled, running my hands through my hair.

"She's hot,"

"She's not just hot Jaycee, plus you have a girlfriend," I groaned. She was so much more than that.

"Yes, but I can still appreciate a good looking girl,"

"Agh," I groaned.

"So you like her?"

"No, no I don't," I told her, crossing my arms over my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilac's P.O.V

I stood outside the door and listened to Jaycee and Addison.

"So you like her?" Jaycee asked.

"No, no I don't," Addison replied. My felt my heart sink a little.

"Don't lie to me Addison, I saw how weak at the knees you went for her," I peeked in through the window. Addison's back was facing me. Jaycee had a smirk on her face.

"Shut up," Addison groaned.

"And how red your face went," Jaycee laughed, causing Addison to hit her leg. I couldn't help but chuckle slightly. God she was adorable.

"Okay maybe I like her but she's a senior doctor and I'm just a junior, plus she's probably straight," I felt my heart rate pick up. She liked me back? Or was she just saying that because Jaycee was there?

"I mean, you are a very good doctor after all," Jaycee mimicked my words, which earned another slap.

"You're clearly getting better," Addison mumbled, grabbing her things.

"How old is she?"

"Twenty eight,"

"That's only like six years," Jaycee thought, counting on her fingers.

"Stop Jaycee, I'll come back when you're less annoying," Addison sighed.

"Love you,"

"Whatever," she laughed, leaving the room. I quickly ran from the door and hid in the janitors closet. I heard a set of footsteps walk past. I smiled and opened the closet to walk straight into her.

"L-Lilac?" She stuttered, her breath hot on my face.

"Yes," I smiled, closing the janitors closet.

"Why were you in there?" Addison asked. Looking at the closet.

"I Uh, I needed Uh gloves, you know, small hands and all," I laughed, pulling a pair of gloves from my scrub pocket. Addison looked at me questionably.

"Are you doing heart tests on Jaycee today?"

"Yes probably, I have a few errands to run first though, hence the gloves," I smiled. She laughed. God her laugh was amazing.

"Tell me how it goes,"

"I will," I smiled. She smiled at me again before making her way down the hall. I watched as her hips swayed, her toned ass on show. Her broad shoulders and tall posture showed off her muscles. God she was hot.

"Doctor Willows," I quickly looked away from Addison.

"I have a heart scan here that I need you to look at so we can operate on,"

"Um Yes, I'll get right to it," I mumbled grabbing the scan. I just wish she'd admit she liked me.