21.

Lilac's P.O.V

I was nervous. I was beyond nervous. Why did I ask her out? She probably won't even show up. She can do so much better than me. I looked in my mirror. My crystal blue eyes stood out. My blonde hair was out as usual and tossed in its natural waves. Addison was beyond gorgeous. Her sandy brown hair was long and she always looked nice when she wore it in braids. Her green eyes were a nice shade of jade. She had slight freckles which made her more breathtaking. Don't even get me started on her body. I've only seen it once when she broke her ribs but god. She was fit. Really fit. Which makes me question what happened to her ribs in the first place? I really know nothing about Addison Wilcox. Guess today I'll find out more about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood outside the cafe and watched as Addison walked towards me. She was wearing a grey pocket t-short, black ripped skinny jeans, which showed off her toned legs, black converse and a red jacket. Her hair was out today and flowed with the wind.

"Hi," she smiled, standing in front of me. I could see in her eyes that she was scared. Her usual jade green were more ocean green today. She was gorgeous, even with makeup on, she was still gorgeous.

"Shall we go in?" I asked, holding the door open for her.

"We shall," she smiled, walking in. I walked in behind her and closed the door. This was one of my favourite coffee shops. I came here at least twice a day.

"What do you drink?" I asked, as we walked up to the counter.

"Just a double espresso,"

"Usual Lilac?" Nathan asked, writing my order.

"And can I get a double espresso for Addison,"

"Of course, that'll be $10," he smiled. I saw Addison grab her money but I put my hand on her shoulder.

"It's a date, you can pay the next one,"

"There's another?" She asked, her cheeks blushed.

"Most likely," I smirked, handing Nathan the money. He handed me a number. We both walked towards a window seat. We sat in front of each other.

"So Addison," I started, leaning on the table. She looked at me with a smile, "Tell me about yourself," I could see her thinking to herself.

"There isn't much to say," she mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Alright, any siblings?"

"Only child,"

"Parents?" I watched as something changed in her eyes. She shifted uncomfortably. She looked down at her hands.

"They left when I was young,"

"No adoptive parents?" She looked up at me and shook her head.

"Did you ever meet you Parents?" I asked, seeing her put a wall up.

"I don't remember anything about them, I was too young,"

"So How'd you get here then?" I asked, she sighed.

"It's a long story,"

"We have all the time in the world if you want it," I smiled, grabbing my coffee from Nathan.

"Maybe some other time," she smiled, taking a sip of her coffee. I nodded studying her. Family was obviously a touchy subject for her and I wasn't going to force her to open up to me.

"Are you liking working at the hospital?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Yeah I enjoy it but sometimes things are hard like this whole murder investigation," she groaned.

"I guess life is complicated,"

"Sure is," she mumbled.

Addison's P.O.V

Lilac was beautiful today. Words couldn't describe how she looked. Her hair was natural and her eyes were like looking into the sky. I still can't believe she asked me out. I was a little uncomfortable when she was asking questions about my past. I didn't want her to pity me. I didn't usually talk about it but for some reason, when I looked in her eyes it was like it was okay to be vulnerable.

"So what's your family like?" I asked. She smiled.

"My parents are the nicest most kindest people you'll ever meet. My parents are both chefs so food at home is always good," she laughed, I found myself laughing too.

"I have an older brother and he's a school principal,"

"Interesting," I smiled. As the date went on, I could feel myself getting more comfortable around Lilac. I didn't usually let that happen but there was something different about her.

"So you know that time you broke your ribs?" I nodded.

"What happened? What really happened?" She asked, crossing her arms on the table. Do I tell her I do fighting? But that'll mean telling her I did Street fighting.

"I just box and fight," I shrugged, she raised an eyebrow.

"So that's why you're so fit?" I felt myself blush.

"And was that why you were a superhero that night? You were kicking ass?" She smirked.

"Yeah, I kicked it pretty hard too," I laughed which caused her to laugh. God her laugh was beautiful.

"So when you're not saving lives, you kick people's asses?"

"I do other things to,"

"Like?"

"I like to swim and readings great too,"

"I'd never take you for a swimmer," I shrugged.

"Well I had to teach myself to swim and I never quite got to surfing," I laughed. She smiled.

"I'll teach you,"

"You surf?"

"Yes I do, I have since I was little. My brother was obsessed and eventually I got into it,"

"Any good?" I asked.

"You can judge that for yourself,"

"Consider it a second date," I smiled. She smiled back.

"So we are having one?" She smirked, I nodded.

"Great," she smiled, her cheeks blushing slightly.

"Why'd you become a heart doctor?" She shrugged.

"I guess I became a doctor because I had the brains and I did the heart because I think it's interesting how it's literally and metaphorically references in so many ways,"

"If you weren't a doctor, what would you be?" She smiled.

"I'd be either a painter or I'd be an astronomer,"

"Astronomer?" She nodded.

"I love everything to do with the stars and space. Everything about it just fascinated me,"

"Why didn't you become an astronomer?"

"I just wanted to enjoy the night sky for what it was and not all the physics and information about it. I purely liked it because it's something that so beautiful yet it can't be touched,"

"So I shouldn't touch you then?" I asked confidently, causing her to laugh.

"I wouldn't mind if you didn't but I'd prefer you did," I felt my cheeks go red. I didn't think she'd come back with anything.

"I know this is out there, but did you maybe want to have dinner with me? I-I'm not a chef like your parents, b-but I can make some mean spaghetti," Lilac chuckled. I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I'd love to try your mean spaghetti," she exaggerated the mean.

"Come to my house tonight at six,"

"I'll make sure to bring my appetite," she smiled. God she was perfect.