Chapter 5

*Lauren's POV*

I couldn't believe I had to do this, and for what? So my manager can get the publicity she needs to sky rocket me to the top? This is bullshit.

Okay rewind.

My manager was now explaining to me how she thought it would be great for me to get a boyfriend to spark up some rumors. She wanted me to date Luis. Luis was an actor who was in many recent movies which made his name become a big hit as of now.

"I'm not gonna do it." I stated firmly putting my hands down on the table from rubbing my temples.

"Lauren. Your album's coming out later on. You're on news shows and it's the perfect time for YOU to get more things to talk about, more news about you, and mostly what's important to you. MORE FANS. Think about it. Please. I'm going to leave you alone for a bit with Normani and Ally who I'll bring in as I'm out and I know you'll pick the RIGHT choice." My manager said picking up papers and going her way out as Normani and Ally came in.

"I don't know what to do, honestly." I sighed at them putting a hand on my forehead.

"Look, I think it's good. You're single and it'll spark up a lot of news. But honestly Lauren, this guy seems cool and it won't actually be real." Ally encouraged me.

"BUT, it's your choice. Your life." Normani added in.

"Look, the thing is I think I'm starting to like Camila... I don't want her to think wrong. My manager also said I couldn't tell anyone, literally anyone or the whole thing is done and you know her, she would be so fucking mad." I admitted slowly.

"YESSS YOU OWE ME FIVE BUCKS FOR THE CAMILA THING." Normani said jumping up and down excitedly.

"You two had a bet?!"

"Of course, now thanks Lauren. I have to pay up five dollars." I saw Ally hand Normani money and pout.

"LOOK, what should I do? This is fucked up."

"Your choice. That's all WE have to say." They said going out the door and closing the door behind them.

My manager, Jane, came in and sat down. "What's your decision?" She smiled.

"I'll do it... On two conditions. This will be real but fake, me and him are not in a real relationship. ever. And if things go bad with someone, I can tell that someone what's going on. Got it?" I said sitting up and making deep eye contact.

"The second part....only tell when it's severe. Other than that, no one will know except our little crew. Deal?" She held out her hand for me to shake it.

"Deal." I said closing in on our handshake.

***

*Camila's POV*

"Dinahhhh," I strained the h in her name calling her.

"What?" She said not looking up from her phone.

"She hasn't texted me again. Is this wrong? Is this bad? Maybe she's busy. Maybe someone took her phone and now they're blackmailing her with...nutella! And she can't text me back because her pho-"

"You sound a little crazy Mila. Calm the hell down girl. Chill. She's probably busy. Calm yourself." Dinah said as she tried to throw a pillow at my direction but lazily threw it just a little to the right of me.

"You sure?"

"Posi- WOAH WHAT THE FUCK." Dinah said shooting up from her slumped position.