i'll

"What do you want to talk about then?"

"It may be awkward for you but it's about Jennie-unnie..."

"Oh? What about her?"

"Do you still remember when you were forced to take her back here when she was drunk, since Lisa and I were busy, 3 months ago?" Chaeyoung sat down beside me.

"Yeah, I'm wondering, why was she drunk that night?" I questioned her.

"Well, she wanted us to come with her since she wanted to talk about things and so, we did. She started to drink and she kept telling us that she misses being with you. Just like Lisa told you before, we had to go somewhere so we tried to stop her but she wouldn't. We thought of texting you instead because we knew that she will only listen to you. Also, by the time you came, we went out of the bar quickly. That was why you saw her drinking alone and we're glad that you really came to take her home. Sorry if we caused trouble for you," she explained.

"It's okay, but why are you bringing this up just now?" I asked in curiosity.

"We talked about this earlier and I'll be honest with you, she actually wasn't that drunk. She never explained why she told us to pretend. The reason was that she wanted to make sure what you would do if she went drunk," she told me.

'if she wasn't that drunk, so it must mean that...'

"She told me that when you took her to bed, she heard you mumble 'i love you' before you even went out from her room. Was that true?"

"Huh? Really? I never said that," I protested.

"According to her, you sounded genuine with your words and it felt real."

"I'm serious, I never said anything like that. You do know that I always say that I don't have feelings for her anymore."

"You keep defending yourself, unnie, are you sure?" Chaeyoung stated.

I nodded aggressively at her. She rose her eyebrow, still not believing me. She kept on insisting me to tell the truth and I just sighed.

"Don't tell her but yes, I really did..."

"Unnie, do you still love her? Why did you even say that?"

"We're no longer together, so it must mean that  my feelings for her are gone, right? I don't know what made me say that. Maybe, I just felt bad for her since it's been a long since she heard me say that to her. I'm not even sure if she still loves me," I said sadly with my head low.

Chaeyoung held both of my hands and that caused me to look at her. She smiled softly at me and told me with calming voice,

"she waited for months and you made her happy on that day, unnie."